THR Journal THR #2 10/6/15, 1st in 2006

I did a long messsge but it disappeared.....SO, I have some stairs I do them regularly but when I lift my weight on bad leg I use my cane to help lift. I do not have them as you do but I am up and down, my computer is upstairs. I am however at 3 months, before I did the up with good down with bad with my cane. I don't seem to have problems going down but it does get to my knee. Lately when I walk every now and then I get a shooting pain in the side of my heal by the bone that bugs me..
Those pesky be aches get me too. Going to be 10 degrees here this week so bundling up

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 
Almost seven weeks update...
7 weeks? That's crazy and wonderful that 7 weeks have gone by.

Big news is I did 10000 plus steps yesterday and back doing my fit bit tracker. That used to be my low number prior to hip pain so I am glad I am on the right trajectory!

When I planned this surgery I knew that I wanted to get the surgery done and my healing well under way before the snow and ice. I am so smart!

The first snow was last week but the first big freeze is Wednesday at 10 degrees. Brrr and slippery brrr.

I hired a young kid to help with checking water lines, getting in more wood, rolling up hoses etc - all things I do but wisely am getting extra help with. My hubby Ray is doing the same at his place.

Yup we have his and her houses , spending most of the time at his
Back to walking..goal is another 10000 today on hills this time.





 
Good morning @Hip Hip Hooray! @Laceylake @ilovefall @Hipster2016 @HipSurprise @kktoland @DeepBreath @DeepBreath and all of you. You inspired me to walk yesterday.

I walked a lot
Up many hills
10,000 steps
And zero pills


My hip is fab
My leg is great
I'm walking strong
With perfect gait


I even danced
With arms up high
To windy sounds
Of evening sky


So what the heck
It's shoulder pain?
Guess dancing wild
I must refrain


But off I go
For sun is bright
It's time to walk
While it is light


One step two step
A thousand more
This old broad
Is out the door!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch achy sore.
I had flu shot two days ago and everything aches especially my new hip. Ick.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 
Really, wonder why it would bother your hip? I had one about a month ago. The muscle in my thigh still bothers me and my knee when I get up in the morning lately, I don't know why that has kicked up.
 
Darn random aches. But I guess that's normal

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 
Groin and inner thigh pain
Help!!!! I need ideas about new groin and inner thigh pain.

My hip surgery on the left side was two years ago in November and has been successful surgery and recovery.

About a week ago I started having inner groin pain and couldn't lift my leg into the car without assisting the leg.

I pulled another muscle today and now it's burning all the way down my leg to the point where I can't lift my leg without assist.

I can walk fine though it hurts. Any ideas if this is related to the surgery or this is just a separate athletic type of Pain.

Any references or articles to look at? It's Sunday and I presume I'll call the doctor tomorrow but I don't know what to expect and I always like to be informed ahead of time. Help help any ideas???
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@hippywoman have you done anything new lately. Moving furniture, lifting anything heavy? Does icing and rest ease this pain?
 
I would be very surprised if this is related to your hip implant. It sounds like you've done something to irritate soft tissues in this area. You say you pulled "another muscle" on Sunday, which indicates to me you may have been doing some activity that strained this part of your body. I think Jaycey is on the right track with rest and ice. It is possible that some physical therapy (stretching) would be helpful as well. I do hope you can get in to see your doctor. Please let us know how things go.
 
@hippywoman So sorry to hear of your recent pain flare-up! That would be scary, wondering if it's the prosthetic or just pulled muscles. When I have even the slightest pain, I worry. You mentioned that you can still walk, so I bet that is a good sign. If it was out of joint, you probably wouldn't be able to walk.

Did ice help? How about alternating ice and a heating pad? Soaking in a warm epsom salt bath?

When you said you had to lift your leg into the car, I could really relate. Here are some other moves that my new hips "don't like." By this, I mean, when I do these things, my hips talk back to me like, "Hey, don't get fancy!" My list:

Squatting down, like when you need to get clothes out of the dryer.
Reaching down to pick something up off the floor then standing back up. (esp. the standing up part)
Spreading my legs too wide. (Sorry if that's a 'lil graphic.)
Hopping into a car smoothly. (Sometimes I have to lift the sore leg and help it in.)
Crossing my legs or sitting on one foot. (Pretty much can't do either of those moves any more.)

Ahh, @hippywoman, I hope it's just pulled muscles for you and nothing more serious. Let us know. You are not alone in your worries and limitations. I feel ya!
 
Hi @hippywoman
I'm sorry to hear you're in distress.
I just began reading your thread, only a few pages in. Love your sense of humor, right up my alley.
I read your latest post and while I don't have any advice, being a baby hippy myself, I hope you soon get an answer and relief to your pain. Hopefully just pulled muscles.
Wishing you well.
 
Hi @hippywoman wondered what doctor said. I have been suffering menicscus tear, going in for surgery 8-24, 2 years to the day from THR. He will also be scraping arthritis, sounds fun. I too have been having groin pain, aches but if I push in it it's sore. Today my whole hip hurts but attribute it to two things. Immobility and can't sleep comfortably. I walk with a brace right now. I hope once I can get up and walk normally the hip pain dissipates. I am anxious to hear what your doctor tells you old hippie companion!! I know nothing keeps you down for long, good luck and do keep us posted.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom