Recent content by Krista

  1. Krista

    Revision THR Krista's Gluteus Medius Repair 1 Year post THR

    Hello @Constanze! It's good to hear your news, that your hip is fine, and that you are a grandmother! My son is getting married to a delightful young woman this summer, so maybe there will be some grandkids in my future! I have always been impressed by your physical feats, and still am, even...
  2. Krista

    Revision THR Krista's Gluteus Medius Repair 1 Year post THR

    Yes, we did the backpacking trip on the wilderness island again in 2018, 2019 and 2021, skipping 2020 because of the pandemic. Again, we walked in and basecamped for the next ten days, taking day hikes without carrying much weight. I did lots of lounging on the beach and looking at gorgeous Lake...
  3. Krista

    Revision THR Krista's Gluteus Medius Repair 1 Year post THR

    Here I am, @Wideyes and @Layla, sure, I'd be happy to chat! My repairs are still holding strong, five plus years after the repairs of my gluteus medius and minimus tendons.
  4. Krista

    THR Severe pain after 15 months<

    @Dickie 1, what a trip, what bad luck taking that fall and hurting your wrist so badly! And I am so sad that you still always have pain in your hips and no one you have consulted is able to help you. You have been failed by the medical profession. It sounds like you are coping, and I hope you...
  5. Krista

    Revision THR Constant pain continuing 1 year after THR<^

    Oh, I'm sorry, @Marvy, it's just one thing after the other for you! The cramping is soft tissue-related, but that sharp "pain", that can radiate with too much movement too quickly, may not be. A good orthopedist who knows about soft tissue problems (not just bones) may be able to advise you. I...
  6. Krista

    THR Severe pain after 15 months<

    Doesn't sound good, @Dickie 1. I'm with Debru, in that your experience with that unprofessional behavior by the specialist regarding a phone consultation is the opposite of what I have known. Be persistent about getting seen, is all I can say! I wonder about that sensitive strip down the side of...
  7. Krista

    Revision THR Krista's Gluteus Medius Repair 1 Year post THR

    I appreciate your comments so much, @Layla. We soldier on in our times of trial, don't we!
  8. Krista

    THR Let's make it a matched set!

    Thank you so much, @gertie! The hip is golden. Glad you are able to drive now. It was 6 weeks after both surgeries before I was able to do that. Enjoy your mobility, both walking and driving! Take care.
  9. Krista

    THR Let's make it a matched set!

    @gertie, I'm doing well, thanks for asking! Sounds like you are recovering nicely from your second THR, and I hope that continues. Physically I am doing well, with recoveries from my previous surgeries. Emotionally I am having difficult times, since a young loved-one of mine has been desperately...
  10. Krista

    THR Gluteus Minimus Tendon Completely Torn

    Wow, what a trip you had, and walking all those miles! How wonderful that you have some relief for now. Let us know what the future brings, and sorry the injection hurt so badly going in - :censored:
  11. Krista

    Revision THR Constant pain continuing 1 year after THR<^

    I hope you do get that referral to the sports medicine knee surgeon. That should throw more light on your situation. I have found that trekking poles are much better for me than the cane when I am walking longer distances. I get more support. Enjoy that vacation!
  12. Krista

    Revision THR Krista's Gluteus Medius Repair 1 Year post THR

    @Mojo333, with the great weather and fun/beautful things outside to stimulate all of my senses, I should do fine. @Marvy, the travels and sights distract me from the aches! Mainly I want to check out many places here in the US where I've always wanted to go, but we even applied for new...
  13. Krista

    Revision THR Krista's Gluteus Medius Repair 1 Year post THR

    Thanks for reaching out, @Mojo333, I'm having a lovely summer so far. I was just editing photos of the gorgeous native Illinois prairie flowers that are blooming in our garden! I am well and as strong as can be expected. We've planned our 3-week vacation in August, to do lots of walking in...
  14. Krista

    THR Severe pain after 15 months<

    I know you are hanging in there, @Dickie 1. It's too bad your system can make you have to wait so long - 3 weeks and counting for you. I am not expecting any more improvement after my THR, gluteal tendon repairs and back surgery, but I have gotten as good as I am going to get! At 71, I am glad...
  15. Krista

    THR Severe pain after 15 months<

    It's terrible that you have such difficulty getting appointments to treat pain. I cannot understand the "system" there at all. When you finally get in, I hope they can figure out what's going on and give you effective treatment.
Back
Top Bottom