Dickie 1
member
After Easter I returned to the GP, unable to get in contact with the closer pain clinic. I requested another referral to a dedicated pain clinic in Melbourne, which is 1.5 hours drive away. I phoned this place to make an appointment, but was told that the GP had to send in the referral. I contacted the GP's rooms, they said that some specialists request this now. I waited another week, heard nothing. On the website of this pain clinic, it said that I could email the referral in, so sick of waiting I did. I received a email reply the next day saying that someone would phone me in the next 24-48 hours and they did. However, the earliest appoint that I can get is 12th June, 4 weeks away. I am also on their cancellation list for an earlier appointment if one become available.
So in the meantime, I'm miserable, in constant pain and just hanging about much the same. Still attending the pool x 2 a week. This pain clinic is a dedicated one, open 5 days a week, full time staff. So I am hopeful that they can assist me. Part of it is definitely nerve damage of some sort.
So in the meantime, I'm miserable, in constant pain and just hanging about much the same. Still attending the pool x 2 a week. This pain clinic is a dedicated one, open 5 days a week, full time staff. So I am hopeful that they can assist me. Part of it is definitely nerve damage of some sort.
Australia
for a cancellation! So sorry for you being so miserable and I do hope they can help you get some relief!


It’s good to hear the pain is decreasing as you wait to have the remaining wire removed. It’s sad that you continue to suffer discomfort and feel it’s something you simply need to accept. I find it disturbing that people are dismissive of your pain. I hope it begins to ease and you don’t give up until you obtain an answer and resolution.