THR Gluteus Minimus Tendon Completely Torn

:wave:
Pain makes one grumpy:old:
I do so hope the injections will give you some relief and that they are scheduled soon.
I would imagine the prospect of recovering from a surgery with the outcome uncertain would be a tough call for me too.
Will keep the faith that perhaps this course of treatment will improve your situation.:praying:
Do let us know how it is going.
 
A mushroom conference - fascinating!

Sounds like good planning by the surgeon. If you do get to the point of another surgery, I certainly hope that it is possible to reattach that tendon. When my torn gluteus medius and minimus tendons were repaired, my surgeon had told me that there was no guarantee of success, and that I might be even worse off afterwards. Fortunately, I got the best possible result.

I had the antero-lateral approach for my THR, which may have contributed to my tendon problem. In that approach, those muscles are dissected, i.e., teased apart lengthwise, to allow for access to the joint. There are many possible complications from THR. I had 6 weeks of 25 pound weight-bearing, which was limiting. No weight-bearing would have been worse! But the stitching needs time to heal fully so that it won't just tear again. I have talked with people who have re-torn gluteal tendons after surgery.

Good luck and do keep us posted, @GeoffM!
 
Last edited:
@Krista has definitely become can unwitting expert on all things gluteus!
Much more so than I.
I'm glad she is adding her experience in your ongoing issues.
Yes, Geoff is a doctor of mushrooms....how cool is that!?
 
Thanks for your input Krista and Mojo. Ultra Sound Guided Injection is slated for next Tuesday. I'll let you know how it goes. I am using the stick again, must admit it does help, my better half tells me that I just have to accept the situation and get on with life. Sage advice indeed.
Cheers Geoff :old::old:
 
Please do let us know how the injection goes!
Re the cane: think Distinguished, not old.
We will be rooting for you.
 
Well, I had the ultrasound guided cortisone injection on the 7th May...Boy did I feel that one as it entered the bursa...just about jumped three feet in the air! Must say it has been a success so far and has eased the pain somewhat. Well 10 days later my better half and I set off on a three week tour to Europe, the Netherlands first to a mushroom expo, then Spain to visit the sister-in-law, whistle-stop two day trip around Paris...visited the Louvre and the usual sights...then across to the UK to catch up with my two brothers and two aunts. All in all a bit too rushed...when I checked the Health app on my mobile phone, we had walked an unbelievable 96 Km during the three week trip. Wow, I couldn't have done it without the walking cane; must say it does help when travelling, ushered through the express lane at border control at the airports and priority boarding onto the various planes...

So now back in Australia to the start of our winter and hip is aching a bit, no doubt with the colder weather. I will see how things go and maybe later this year I will revisit the need for any further surgery. I will keep you posted, thanks again for your input guys...much appreciated.
Cheers Geoff :old::old:
 
I'm glad the injection has given you some relief...
You will have needed it with all that traveling!
Hope it holds...we will be here when you get ready for your new hip, mushroom doc!
:tada:
 
Wow, what a trip you had, and walking all those miles! How wonderful that you have some relief for now. Let us know what the future brings, and sorry the injection hurt so badly going in - :censored:
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom