Mollymax I am over 7 months into this nightmare and my rom is still only about 110.
Continued stiffness and IT band problems.
I have followed your recovery thread from the beginning and completely understand your frustrations and anxiety. I hope you continue to see benefits and you will get...
@Jockette I’m hoping for some improvement this year. I hope this time next year to be well on the way to full recovery or at least better than I am now.
To say I’m disappointed would be an understatement
But I can’t go back so just got to keep going.
Fed up of being robbed off by the GP...
Hey matey great to hear from you. Well I’m coming up to 8 months and things have not improved if I’m honest. Still at 110 bend but it’s enough for now. Only thing I can’t bike like I used to. Still very tight and feels pully in my thigh and that IT pain is a constant reminder. But overall I feel...
I cannot offer any advice only empathy at your situation and hope you find more courage to go forward. Not that you haven’t been brave and courageous already, just that you need to find more. And this is what it will take.
More to not accept your current situation, more to thrust your chin...
Foot over foot up and down! Way to go matey.
Not tried kneeling yet just do curious contortions to extract myself from the bath.
Have a peaceful continue to improve festive holiday with the promise of a better New Year.
@Marguette aw you’ve brought a tear to my eye. I’m so happy things are on the up for you I remember your earlier posts and the upset and frustrations you endured. Hope life continues to be grand for you.
I still struggle with the IT band pain and the bend has stayed at pretty much 110. Had a...
Hey it’s funny as I read all the threads I imagine the sound of your voices and feel like your all talking to me. Giving support pats on the back and generally just being so lovely.
As my knee steadily improves and I spend less time looking for shoulders to help bear my worries and concerns I...
Woo woo discharged from physio. ROM measured at 110 even the physio was chuffed!
The IT band pain can still be breathtaking but it’s more bearable in the whole.
Stiffness and that tight feeling across the knee continues with very little let up. But I’m back working , off all meds , going up...
@Jockette you are amazing and so patient answering and reassuring colleagues on here. Nearly every thread if not all I read you have replied to. Offering advice And encouragement.
I sincerely hope you get the recovery you deserve.
Don’t knock yourself for being sensitive that’s just who you are.
@Kiwigirl62 thanks for your advice about the knee sleeve. I sometimes use one during the day but not tried at night. I think I need to invest in a more robust one. This one keeps slipping down and wrinkles round my ankles. Not a good look!
@Marguette lovely to hear from you my friend. Things...
Well, saw the consultant yesterday. He did numerous xrays and he was extremely congratulatory about how the implant was looking. He did lots and lots of manipulation and concluded my problem is swelling. I think we all on this forum knew that anyway.
12-18 months he said it could take for me...
So so pleased you are managing the stairs foot over foot. Not been on BS for a few days not much to report until I see consultant on 7 November (changed from the 5th)
I’m just hoping he says it’s swelling preventing the bend and nothing more sinister.
You take care and carry on improving...
Hey M that poem was so upbeat and funny while at the same time delivering a wake up call. Well for me anyway.
Grandkids are great got 4 grandsons so maybe the next will be a girl but I’m easy either way. I’ll take healthy every time.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.