Guest viewing is limited

TKR Marguette’s Full Recovery

@Marguette it certainly was a terrible time. We have been watching the coverage and thinking of the many impacted.we had severe winds but nothing like the tornadoes that hit Gatineau and Dunrobin. Sending prayers from western Ontario
 
I don’t know if it’s that I’ve turned a corner or I’m just too busy to notice, but it seems for the past few weeks, with few exceptions, my knee seems to have improved. Not that I can walk or go up/down stairs any better, but I seem to be paying less attention to it. I’m also noticing less tightness at night. I’m also getting a bit better at getting out of the tub. What a relief!

@Admin. Can you change my header to ”Marguette’s 6 to 12 months journey”
Thanks
 
@Marguette as you say a major incident affecting so many lives puts everything into prospective. Hope it’s all settled down now.
I’m so chuffed you have turned a corner you give me hope.
And getting in and out of the tub so envious. I’ve not tried since last time when it took me over 10 minutes to extract myself. Sure the bath had arms pulling me back in!!
Your right about the awareness of the knee fading I occasionally experience that but not for long haha
Take care and I’ll keep watching your journey for your updates. :egypdance:
 
major incident affecting so many lives puts everything into prospective. Hope it’s all settled down now.

Hi Kazmeraz. I wish I could say things are settled but it will be months before some semblance of normalcy returns. The power has been restored to most people but some areas are totally pulverized. Six tornadoes hit the region, 3 of them, F3 and F2, in Ottawa. Thankful for all the community support.

As for my knee, glad to say it is getting less of an issue. The odd day its not so good but overall, I can't really complain much. Hope you are doing better. Thanks for visiting.
 
@Marguette im so sorry this has affected so many people. And if I sounded flippant. Support for anything shows human goodness is thriving.
Remember how awful you felt in the early days of your TKR? The frustrations disappointments and that awful flatness? And now.
So imagine life when more time has passed.
 
And if I sounded flippant. Support for anything shows human goodness is thriving.

@Kazmeraz didn’t sound flippant at all. Many people, even in our area, do not have a concept of the impact on the community. This is so out of the ordinary. Thankful for the passage of time that heals many things ~ knees, spirits, and communities.
 
Just a quick check in. All is going well. Continue to have pain around the patella and difficulty going up and down the stairs but nothing remarkable to say. I guess that's a good thing. Other medical problems cropping up. Guess I have to turn my attention to those. Life goes on.
 
Getting back to the other things of life is what we strive for after this surgery. It sounds like you are doing that very well!
 
Marguerite I wait for your updates and am encouraged by the gradual positivity which is coming through your posts. I am so so pleased you have reached a point in your recovery where you feel you have’nothing remarkable ‘ to report. However I am concerned about your reference to other health issues but I know you will meet these head on with the indomitable spirit which you have displayed throughout your recovery from TKR. Sending lots of thoughts and hugs. :friends:
 
@Kazmeraz. Nothing so dramatic, just age related stuff... need to go for eye laser surgery to correct a collapsing angle between the cornea and the iris, the start of glaucoma and cataracts, arthritis in other parts of the body, etc... you know.. those golden years things. Lol
Just past the 7 month mark with my knee. A lot less tightness at night, can manage steps a bit better, getting easier to get out of the car, and getting out of the tub is a smidgen easier now that I can put a bit of weight on the knee. Still can't stand or walk for long periods but I mostly get through the day without pain. I'm actually starting to feel better physically, my mood is improved and I've started losing a bit of weight. All-in-all, a big leap forward. Celebrating!
 
A few of those golden years things can actually get a little better with the knee doing more. Like losing a little weight and how that helps with other things. But I read you on how these bodily fails begin to accumulate. :bored: I was whining just this past week about how my body won’t just, like, stop having issues. Enough already. So I fixed the next thing on the list and kept going. Sometimes a girl just needs a break!

Good to read that you’re celebrating and that, on the whole, things are looking up!
 
Wow such a great update. It sounds like eventually your knee is not dominating your life now. So chuffed you are able to get through the day with little or no pain.
I’m so looking forward to the day I too can report such a positive outcome.
Your right about age, when I look back to my younger years I could never imagine I would be in this pickle.
Everything hurts shoulders left knee. Deteriorating sight and hearing loss.
But I’m still here and celebrating the news of a new grandchild the fifth one who is due in April. Do ya know I’ve not told anybody else but wanted to share on here.
Take care M know I’m thinking of you.
 
Hey M that poem was so upbeat and funny while at the same time delivering a wake up call. Well for me anyway.
Grandkids are great got 4 grandsons so maybe the next will be a girl but I’m easy either way. I’ll take healthy every time.
 
Whoo Hoo! Another milestone. I was able to walk the loop around the nature trail at the dog park, 3.2 km. It took an hour and every step was cautious. I could feel the swelling increasing a bit but no pain. Is it my imagination or could I feel the cold of the metal at the back of my leg. Go figure, built-in ice pack.
 
Great walk you had there!

My knee aches when I’m outside in the cold, or even the refrigerator section of the grocery store.

I’m looking for some thin soft leg warmers for Miss Drama Queen Knee for this winter. (Haven’t found any yet)
 
I’m looking for some thin soft leg warmers for Miss Drama Queen Knee for this winter
I was thinking the same thing. I'm also holding off getting rid of snow pants even though I haven't worn them in 10 years or more. Maybe time to start knitting. Don't know how cold it gets your way but we can easily get down to minus forty in Jan,- Feb. and they are predicting an especially cold winter with - 45 C.
 
I don’t know how -45 C relates to fahrenheit degrees but I’m sure whatever it is we don’t get that cold here, but last winter was colder than normal.

But my knee is so sensitive to EVERYTHING since surgery. I don’t even want to leave the house once it gets cold, but I can’t stay home all winter. (I’d miss bowling!)

My knee is sensitive to pants, and my foot is sensitive to shoes, so I’m still wearing shorts and sandals. At least I have added a jacket. I had my first stranger of the season ask me yesterday if I was chilly. (That question gets old from my friends, and I really resent it from strangers!) Actually no, she was not the first, I just remembered someone recently told me summer was over. :doh:

I wish I could come up with a snappy answer, but all my answers would appear to be very rude, not that it’s any of their business anyway. (See, how rude it would be to say that?)

One time I did nicely tell the stranger that I have nerve damage in my foot and it hurts to wear shoes, and she nicely apologized for commenting.

I just want to be a regular person, not someone who doesn’t appear to have the sense to dress properly. :boohoo:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Back
Top Bottom