TKR Marguette’s Full Recovery

I just want to be a regular person, not someone who doesn’t appear to have the sense to dress properly. :boohoo:
Hi Jockette, in this day and age, anything goes. We dress for comfort not for style. You can always tell them it's the latest trend. But you're right, it's none of their business.
 
Hi BS friends
Well, at 7.5 months post surgery, I finally have enough bend in my knee to go up and down stairs, albeit slowly and cautiously. I also picked up a basic folding exercise bike in new condition, at bargain basement price, and absolutely love it. On my first try, I was surprised and please to discover that I had enough bend to actually use it and clocked 10 minutes. On my second attempt, I put on 20 minutes or the equivalent to 5 Km. This is good news not only because my knee is improving but also because it will surely help with my attempts at losing weight. For those of you who are earlier in your recovery, hang in there. It does get better, slow but sure.
 
Last edited:
So so pleased you are managing the stairs foot over foot. Not been on BS for a few days not much to report until I see consultant on 7 November (changed from the 5th)
I’m just hoping he says it’s swelling preventing the bend and nothing more sinister.
You take care and carry on improving. :happydance:
 
I am glad you're able to ride your bike. That is so good for you.
 
Hi BS friends.
Well it seems as with life getting busy and feeling quite a bit better, I take less time to be on the forum. I guess that's good news.
I can now see some optimism and hope is turning into reality as my knee continues to improve. I can now climb up and down the stairs foot over foot, with some discomfort, but getting easier. Still have some tightness though much improved. Some strange clicks and cracks from time to time, nothing too concerning. I can now put my full weight on my knee for short periods when kneeling. That is making getting out of the tub much easier. That is such a relief and good for my moral.
I will probably continue to check in from time to time but life is getting busy with Christmas not too far away. So I will wish you all a very blessed holiday, by whatever tradition you celebrate, and hoping you all can look forward to a wonderful new year. As the song says, "may the best of your today's be the worst of your tomorrows".
 
So I will wish you all a very blessed holiday, by whatever tradition you celebrate, and hoping you all can look forward to a wonderful new year. As the song says, "may the best of your today's be the worst of your tomorrows".
And the same to you, also!

It’s great to hear from you and I am so chuffed for you that you are coming along so wel!! :console2: (And don’t we love our new word! I saw your other post!)
 
Foot over foot up and down! Way to go matey.
Not tried kneeling yet just do curious contortions to extract myself from the bath.
Have a peaceful continue to improve festive holiday with the promise of a better New Year.
 
I think baths are a thing of the past for me sadly. However I can manage steps up and down with alternating feet. Stiffly but managing OK. I've completely discarded the stick and am finding it really refreshing to stride out along the road! Onwards and upwards everyone.
 
@Marguette
:wave:

Just found your thread and would love to give my fellow Canuck a huge hug!
I too am having a very long drawn out recovery from rtkr sept 11. Huge horrid history on that knee and while making progress it is slower and more convoluted than I would like.

Seeing your posts and long term reports gives me so much peace and hope I will get there too!
So thank you for sharing and your spirit! :roseshwr:
 
Hey BS friends,
Hope you all had a great holiday season. Just thought I would check in on all.
I think life, over all, continues to improve. I would say the knee is 90% better. Still a bit of discomfort but can do most of what I need to do without pain. I sat on the floor today to play with my dog, something I avoided doing before for fear of not being able to get up. To my surprise, a was able to put my full weight on my knee on the hard wood floor. Good thing cause it would have been quite the site if I hadn't been able to. hahaha!

I booked my one year follow-up apointment with my OS for March. Hard to believe the year mark is almost here. I'm just about ready to put this chapter of my life behind and move on. Can't thank all of you enough for all the support and empathy you have shown me, especially in those first six difficult months. I will drop in from time to time to say Hi. Keep well my BS friends and speedy recovery.
 
Hi, nice to hear from you! I’m so glad things are going so well!
 
How wonderful you can enjoy being on the floor with your dog! Yes, the knee on the floor is a useful thing. I find I do it a lot with small children, too. Sounds like you've had a stellar recovery.
 
Hi folks.
As I approach the 2 year mark of my TKR, I have been reflecting on the journey. First I would like to say thank you for all your support in those first six months.
I can now say that I can do just about anything I want. ...Walking more, bath and swim with no difficulty, ability to kneel if needed, etc. The occasional tightness at night but that's about it. Plus, very low back pain and the other knee is behaving. Had you asked a year ago if the surgery was worth it, I would have said no. Now Im glad I did it. I just want to encourage everyone going through the I surgery to hang in there. It does get better, much better. Wishing you all a speedy recovery.
 
@Marguette
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.

Many members bookmark their thread in their computer browser, so they can find it when they log on.
 
I am sooooo excited to read your update! :happydance:

As frustrating as it is, some of us just take longer than others. (me included!)

Thanks for coming back to tell us!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom