Recent content by KathyD

  1. K

    THR Not sure if this is normal fatigue

    Well, the 5K this morning went well - only a few twinges towards the end but no problems afterwards or when I got home, either. I am very happy about that. Now I'll have to find a few more to do this summer.
  2. K

    THR Counting My Blessings

    Early in the season I hike in the Jefferson County open space areas along the front range. Later on I hit the ones near Evergreen and Conifer and there are a bunch of trails that start here in Georgetown, or very close by. I don't hike in Utah in the mid summer - too hot. I have my eye on one...
  3. K

    THR Hippity Doo Dah!<

    I get foot cramps, too. Believe it or not, stretching out your calves helps that, as well as the supplements.
  4. K

    THR Counting My Blessings

    Good to hear from you, Deb We've had couple of beautiful days, haven't we? I am so glad that you are back in your garden and doing what you love. I will be working back into my hiking this summer, which is what I love. I was like you, last summer I toughed it out, but regretted it afterward...
  5. K

    THR Not sure if this is normal fatigue

    I walked 2.5 miles this evening after doing a lot of shopping today and my hips are doing well. I have to concentrate on extending my stride because before the replacements it hurt to take a long step so I took little short ones. It feels good to stretch out out while I walk. I am doing a 5K...
  6. K

    THR Early Birthday

    I have met my out of pocket max on my insurance too, so I went to the OS (a partner) about my right foot pain. As I am walking more, I am noticing it more. Amazingly enough , there is very little arthritis there, considering I started running track and cross country when I was 8, and have had...
  7. K

    THR Hippity Doo Dah!<

    Hi CarrieMay, so glad things are going well. It seems so freeing when you can drive yourself. I didn't really miss it until I couldn't do it. Last week I drove my sons little car for a few days. It has a clutch, so I was a little worried, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It...
  8. K

    THR Early Birthday

    There are good and bad therapists just like with anything else. It's just hard to figure out which one is which when you are just out of surgery and have to take into consideration location, insurance, schedule, etc. My first outpatient PT was good and my second one was excellent. If I had a...
  9. K

    THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

    I can see you dancing on the stairs like Shirley Temple and the Butler in the Little Colonel (boy am I dating myself)
  10. K

    THR Not sure if this is normal fatigue

    Thanks Layla. I can't believe it's been 4 months since surgery. I do feel like I am doing well in general. I have very little pain and my fatigue has definitely improved. I am still doing my exercises, although not as assiduously as at first, and I can walk a couple of miles, if the weather...
  11. K

    THR Tollers number 2.

    I only had injections pre-op. Since I am now 4 months out I am able to stretch the front of my hip without too much pain. Prior to that, my PT worked on my psoas by gouging into my abdomen - not too much fun, but it worked. (She was actually pushing on the psoas near the lateral pelvis...
  12. K

    THR Early Birthday

    The morning after my first hip replacement, the PT wanted me to do bridges right there in the hospital bed. I told her she was nuts. Second time around was much better. I didn't start to do those until I was able to. I was all gung ho to go to the gym and start with the weight machines but...
  13. K

    THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

    Anything with hot fudge is a winner in my book! You deserve it for your great recovery and great attitude !
  14. K

    THR Tollers number 2.

    I get weird feelings there too. When my muscles get tight, it also gets numb in that area. This will still happen on my right hip as well, although not as often or as much. My PT spent much of our appointments massaging the muscles in my thigh and low back. I have been through with PT for...
  15. K

    THR Not sure if this is normal fatigue

    I had a nice day with my younger son yesterday. We drove to another mountain town for lunch and had a good time just talking. He'll be 23 in two weeks and actually still appreciates "mom support". My hips feel mostly just tight. I have been really concentrating on stretching and moving...
Back
Top Bottom