THR Early Birthday

Another full day.

PT was good, the usual recumbent bike warmup, heel and toe raises, then some [REDACTED], stair stepping, chair stand and sit (there has to be a name for that), then a bunch of [REDACTED], which I don't enjoy, but I think it's helping.

Picked up my new prescription. He reduced the 10 mg. Norco to 7.5, which is fine by me. Oddly, the lower dose is more expensive, but I'm past my out of pocket, making it free for me, so EAT IT, insurance company!

Bravely decided to do the Sam's Club shopping on the way home. Pretty energy intensive, but more fun than the last time!

So now I'm home, fed, medicated and iced. Didn't even unload the nonperishable stuff. Hopefully I'll get bored in time to make supper.

Internet has been flaky so i feel like I'm leaving something out...

Sam's Club was the first big test for me too but I had my hubs there to do the heavy lifting! It felt great to get through the whole store though. I don't mind walking when it's on a smooth floor........pickle juice on aisle 4, watch out! :rotfl:

I started outpatient PT today and did some [REDACTED] and also some [REDACTED] too! Wasn't hard or painful anymore, either.

Now Sam's club... uh uh... no WAY am I ready for that! I fell like I would have a breakdown if i went to Costco right now and you would find me crying on a very large stack of bottled water or paper towels.

I started outpatient PT today and did some [REDACTED] and also some [REDACTED] too! Wasn't hard or painful anymore, either.

Now Sam's club... uh uh... no WAY am I ready for that! I fell like I would have a breakdown if i went to Costco right now and you would find me crying on a very large stack of bottled water or paper towels.
Aim for a nice couch to cry on!

Costco here has motorized carts as do most of our grocery stores. No way am I up to walking on cement floors for anytime at all and the arts are so heavy, even empty. @Billy, I try to only to do one big thing a day, just a thought to maybe do think about doing Sam's one day and physio another?

When I stretched out to go to sleep, the right glute assembly complained. Nothing else hurt. Finally realized that it was from sitting too much! The muscles were tight from being in the chair all day.
Hmmmm. I’ve been doing a fair bit of sitting in the car driving my BIL around town. My right glute is talking a bit.

I have met my out of pocket max on my insurance too, so I went to the OS (a partner) about my right foot pain. As I am walking more, I am noticing it more. Amazingly enough , there is very little arthritis there, considering I started running track and cross country when I was 8, and have had both hips replaced. Anyway , she thinks it is mostly from very tight muscles from the foot to the hip. She is sending me back to PT, which is OK with me if I get more massage! What else can I get done this year?

Started feeling nauseated Saturday morning. Had a bunch it was a reaction to the Norco. Threw up a little, then went back to bed, ended up sleeping all day. Felt okay Sunday, great Monday.

Mildly nauseous Tuesday, sick again Wednesday. Mildly nauseous today.

Finally called OS this am. The think it's probably the norco but suggested I see my primary, so I have an appointment in the morning.

The good news is, I'm doing okay without the narcotics anyway, so maybe it's a sign!

Or a random, irrelevant stomach bug. At least I'll have the security blanket feeling of seeing my doctor.

Sorry to hear about that @59billy, hope your doctor can help you out tomorrow. I'd wondered where you've been.....hadn't seen you on here since Monday. Never like being sick but especially during recovery. Like it's hard enough without the nausea! Hope all is better soon!

Hope it's just a late reaction to the meds, they can do that after a while. Agree it's a good thing to be safe and see your primary care doc.

Hi @59billy
Since nausea, upset stomach and vomiting are all common side effects of Norco, it's a good bet your body is saying "Enough already". I'm sorry you're feeling crappy though, billy. Hopefully you feel better tomorrow and it's determined the Norco is /was the culprit. Let us know, please.
How about some Ginger, or Peppermint Tea? Might help...
Wishing you comfort. :console2:

@Layla you're probably right. I did have a bottle of Fever Tree ginger ale - the good stuff with actual ginger. I think I'm past the worst part. I had some yogurt and banana with no explosion, then some soup. At this rate, I might feel silly to be going to the doctor tomorrow, but that's okay. Let them make some easy money!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom