Recent content by jsm

  1. jsm

    TKR July 15, 2014 for me

    Hi everyone, Today marks the 11th week. Feeling really good. Still stiff but I know that could last for a while. I had my last PT session yesterday. ROM was 128 without pushing and 135 pushing just before pain. And extension is 0. So I guess I'm on my own with PT, even though I haven't...
  2. jsm

    TKR Celle's Left TKR

    Good Luck tomorrow. Hope your recovery is smooth sailing.
  3. jsm

    TKR July 15, 2014 for me

    I am doing good. Thanks for asking. Helped hubby can 24 pints of picketed beets. Have already done I don't know how many pints of dill pickles, all out of our garden. Put up green beans, peppers, and zucchini for breads and cakes. The swelling in my knee seems to be finally staying down...
  4. jsm

    TKR July 15, 2014 for me

    Good Afternoon everyone, Today marks 8 weeks and 1 day. Finally the fluid I was retaining in my lower leg and foot has finally quit. Things are going pretty good. I had PT yesterday and now I'm going only once a week and she thought 2 more sessions and they would release me. Of course I...
  5. jsm

    TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

    Darn ole muscles anyway. But I guess we have to have some.:heehee: Hope he gets to feeling better soon.
  6. jsm

    TKR TKR:Dancing with Myself

    @kneeidea63 I am 7 weeks post op and my up and down stairs in not yet pretty, but I can do it, but it's not yet real comfortable. But it gets better everyday. It will come. Just take it slow. I'm back to most of my normal chores around the house but it takes a while to do them because I do...
  7. jsm

    TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

    Very good report. I haven't been measured for awhile. But I'm sure my extension is not where it needs to be. I keep working on it.
  8. jsm

    TKR July 15, 2014 for me

    Well, it's been 7 weeks today for me. Doing really well I think. Went to the OS last Thursday and said I was doing great and doesn't want to see me for 7 weeks. Still enjoying my PT makes me feel good. Anyway I'm having swelling clear down in my ankle and foot. The OS said it's connected...
  9. jsm

    TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

    I also was driving at about 5 weeks after I had gotten off the narcotics. It sounds like you are doing great. It definitely will get better.
  10. jsm

    TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

    I'm doing good. Thanks for asking. I have my 6 weeks checkup Thursday even though it will be 6 weeks 2 days since surgery. I'm anxious to hear what he say about my progress. PT says I'm way ahead for 6 weeks. I'm pretty much walking normal but really have to concentrate on walking without...
  11. jsm

    TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

    I think both knees are looking pretty darn good. Hope his thigh settles down soon.
  12. jsm

    TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

    @gr82cu2 hang in there. I'm 6 weeks today and I feel I have turned another corner in recovery. About 4 weeks is when I started feeling really sorry for myself. But made it through it and now I'm sleeping better, turning over from side to side and not waking up. Off all meds except...
  13. jsm

    TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

    I like you did not want to keep my husband up while I tossed and turned. I am still sleeping in guest room after 6 weeks today. But I have slept fairly well the last few nights and doesn't even hurt when I roll from side to side. I think I'm turning another corner and might go back to my bed...
  14. jsm

    TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

    @tiredwife Jackie I'm so glad hubby is feeling better. Hope you both have a good night. To you from another Jackie.
  15. jsm

    MUA billywhizz666 - the saga continues

    @billywhizz666 It does sound like your having a rough time. I hardly do any exercising at home. I mostly just walk and pt take care of the exercises. I am 5 weeks 2 days post and my rom is 124 and extension 0. If your pt is that hard on you I wouldn't do any more at home. Just my opinion...
Back
Top Bottom