Recent content by jfiori54

  1. jfiori54

    Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

    Wow, I have not visited this site for a long time. Sorry to hear you are still dealing some issues, but the less pain & off the meds is a good thing. I used to use a paint roller with the 2-3" roller pad on it to massage the tightness that I felt behind my knee & on the outer side. It helped...
  2. jfiori54

    Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

    Sounds like the new OS is top notch. Awesome news. I also was dizzy & my BP dropped really low the 2nd day. They told me it was likely caused by the epidural anesthia. I hope each day improves for you. You have been through so much with that knee....I cannot imagine trying to recover with all...
  3. jfiori54

    Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

    Best wishes for a great outcome and smooth sailing recovery.
  4. jfiori54

    Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

    I've been checking in watching your thread. It is so disappointing this is happening to you. I hope the new docs can resolve problems in the least invasive way for you. Hang in there.
  5. jfiori54

    TKR The beginning of my new life

    Thank you & I guess I'm confused. I thought I did post my question under my recovery thread. I appreciate your help.
  6. jfiori54

    Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

    I hope your new OS resolves your situation. It is disheartening to be having problems after working so hard & doing so well. Don't you wish we could have these awesome BoneSmart Administrators, moderators & advisors live, in person with you at your OS appointments? Wishing you the best.
  7. jfiori54

    TKR SeptemberZen's Bionic Journey

    @AThom10731 I think you will find the paint roller helpful. Are you preparing for a second knee surgery? Best of luck to you. Love the puppy pic in your profile.
  8. jfiori54

    TKR Blendab1 meets her new knee

    I knew it would get better for you. Its just a little like a roller coaster for a while. Today was my last PT session. So glad for that. I was measured at only 105 but I am not too worried about it. I feel confident that I will gain a little more ROM.......in time. I'm sure the trainer...
  9. jfiori54

    TKR Blendab1 meets her new knee

    I agree Brenda. Let them measure if they must but they do not have to tell you what it is. I only have 2 more PT sessions left. It is what it is; I feel confident that if I stay active & keep doing water exercise I will gain a little more ROM. I'm sure the same will be true for you because...
  10. jfiori54

    TKR Absolutely terrified!

    Speaking of drainage holes...I remember starting to scratch near mine & it created a scab. I was wearing the compression sleeves on my legs that inflate 24/7. At first there was a thin cotton like stocking that was put on my leg that created a barrier between the plastic & my leg. After I took...
  11. jfiori54

    TKR Absolutely terrified!

    My leg looked like a purple eggplant. I always said that I think the bruising caused me more pain than the knee joint. As Skigirl said the same was true for me...by week five it was almost gone. What brought me comfort was using a lightly scented Aveeno brand lotion on the whole leg. Between...
  12. jfiori54

    TKR Absolutely terrified!

    I am 13 wks out & this site has been awesome. I had similar issues with OS wanting to do MUA around week 5. At week 5 I was just starting to feel more normal. I was finally able to sleep a little. I told OS that I need more time & I felt that I would improve. I was still swollen & how do...
  13. jfiori54

    TKR The beginning of my new life

    Proud of myself today. I had a PT appt. this morning. I feel great & I've been swimming & exercising like crazy. I wasn't going to let anything rain on my parade. So when we moved to a table to do some work the therapist brought the measuring tool (cant remember what it is called) with her...
  14. jfiori54

    TKR SeptemberZen's Bionic Journey

    @tigz yes, I went up & down my leg. My PT said it was a great idea. I got the idea from Brenda who uses a rolling pin. For me the paint roller was easier to handle & perhaps easier to zero in on a smaller area. I don't know anything medically but I believe it helped me. Neccessity is the...
  15. jfiori54

    TKR SeptemberZen's Bionic Journey

    I use a 3" paint roller on my leg. I think it helped me a lot in the early recovery days. I think it helps keep things loose because When I do the stretch on the edge of the table & drop my leg down & back I get a real good stretch with no pain or cramping. Before I started using the roller I...
Back
Top Bottom