TKR The beginning of my new life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Joanne. So pleased that you are being positive about you knee and exercises. Water is great...enjoy it and reap the benefits. Maggie x
 
Proud of myself today. I had a PT appt. this morning. I feel great & I've been swimming & exercising like crazy. I wasn't going to let anything rain on my parade. So when we moved to a table to do some work the therapist brought the measuring tool (cant remember what it is called) with her. I shook my hand at her & told her to put it away. I said "you can measure if you want" but do not tell me what it reads because I feel great & don't want to know. Hee-hee!
 
Good for you Joanne!!! I am going to do the Sam as I will be having a great day and that stupid measurement brings me down!! I am truly happy that you are feeling great.
This weekend I went out for the first time since my surgery, had a few drinks and even wore 1 inch heels. I had no pain and supposedly I ran when a saw a friend!! Life is finally starting to look normal for us and it feels good!!
Keep up the great attitude Joanne, you're acing this!


Brenda
 
I had the clunking with no pain initially. Then the catching with sharp pain started around week 7-8. You've read my post so you know about that. I have read other post mention the knee makes some noise. it's to bad they don't have some durable padding they can put in the joint, but our natural knee is packed with cartilage, ligaments and fat to make it quiet. The Important thing is that it does not hurt. Most have told me the clunking decreases with time as things settle down. As the swelling decreases you will notice more changes.
 
@jfiori54 it is better to start your own thread when you are asking about your knee---you can derail someone's thread that way. Also, we like to have your story on your page so that when you ask questions, we can see what we have already recommended to you. I have started a recovery thread for you in the recovery area called jfiori 54 Recovery thread. I put my answer there too. I can change the title for you if you would like another one, just tag me so that I know. Kelly
 
Thank you & I guess I'm confused. I thought I did post my question under my recovery thread. I appreciate your help.
 
OMG---you did post this in your recovery thread---sorry I am getting old, I don't know why I thought it was Maggie's. Please accept my apology---and I deleted the other thread that I started in error!!! Yikes what a start to the day!!!!
 
Here is the post that I put on the other thread---I think I need a glass of whine with lunch!!!! When you hear the popcorn noise, some folks call it velcro ripping away, it is usually because there are some adhesions (scar tissue) in the joint.

clunking is a different noise and might be because your muscles are not completely strong yet. That is one that you can consult with your OS.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom