Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

Thanks for coming by @Kansas Teacher, at least you missed that terrible incident. The have reduced my pain meds and are working on the nausea. I'm glad too angle, thanks for all you thoughts and prayers. It was also bad because I had just changed into my favorite night shirt, and Kansas Teacher had stopped by. I was in a good mood and then a sudden urge and yucky all over my shirt. I am better now, didn't eat lunch, still felt nauseated. Will try dinner since I fell better. Knee is still doing great, I don't even feel it. Still have that funny dizzy feeling though.
I am also glad they didn't have to take the glued in hardware out. The OS was really shock at how much bigger the spacer went to. He just kept saying he was shock my the spacer upsize. But he said your good and firm with no chance of loosening. He looked at me and said several times I was back where I should have been with the spacer.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sorry to hear about the yuckies. :( I hope you feel better soon. Great news on the fixed knee, though!
 
Awesome for you... Poor you. I hated the episodes. They had to use zophran for me. I ate crackers and clear liquids.

Glad that your knee is doing well. Good luck!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

PKR~Dec 2014
TKREV~March 2015
 
@wberry - Overall, EXCELLENT report!!!! So sorry you had a bout of the "yuckies". I had some similar reaction to the anesthesia.. A lot of nausea, but never passed out! That must have been pretty scary.. :yikes: From what your OS said, it sounds REALLY positive (AND he even improved your TKR banner!!!) Given the fact he didn't have to replace everything, I'm hoping this means a faster recovery??? Did your OS comment about that? Glad @Kansas Teacher was able to bring you brownies and give her support personally. Yes.. seeing a picture would have been cool!!! But.. many of us were there in spirit!!! Best to you, my friend.. You are NOW on the road to improved mobility and confidence in your NEW new knee!!! :loveshwr:
 
Hope the episode of "yuckies" is over now.

It must be a relief to know that you didn't have to have the "hardware" removed. I hope that makes for an easier recovery for you. You certainly deserve a break, wberry.

Just curious, does putting in a much larger spacer mean that there will be a difference in leg length?
 
Sounds like the new OS is top notch. Awesome news. I also was dizzy & my BP dropped really low the 2nd day. They told me it was likely caused by the epidural anesthia. I hope each day improves for you. You have been through so much with that knee....I cannot imagine trying to recover with all that pain you had. Thank God the new doc fixed you up! Take it slow & easy.
 
@SarahJane he actually said it was now at it right length, I took it he felt the other spacer, considering how much loosened was to small at 11, so now I am at 18. Defiantly feels more solid. I guess I won't know definant until swelling goes down. But my first walk around the floor yield no patella catching and the was no clunking from the knee joint either. I sat on a regular toilet with my knee bent at 90 with no problem twice already. No poop fairy yet, just gas. Yes the yukky seems to be gone, the nausea drugs I got several times yesterday and the cut back on the all the pain meds to a less server level. Now I ha Percocet, OxyContin and tramadol. Yes he did say my recovery should be better and shorter, but I would have to work to get my flex and extensions back like before. Will be interesting to see what he did to clean up my wide surgical sight from last time. He mentioned he did a lot of tissue clean up and removal before he did a lateral release to get my knee cap more centered and took bone off the back, think I mentioned this yesterday. Sorry if I repeated myself. I will finally get to go to group PT today. Not so sure if I will go home today because of yesterday. I told them I was fine with staying another day, so they can get the meds right and I get my PT. Hopefully I can do the stair challenge today. I have been eating okay. Ate my chicken wrap and cheese and broccoli soup yesterday. Skipped lunch because of the episode. To me the knee looks no more swollen than it did before the surgery.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Did I get an "improved TKR" banner? Can't see how to
Tell on the phone? I see now, still says revision, just hanging with it. Got my foot on a pillow to do the gravity think with knee.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Revision is the correct prefix, Skigirl had a spacer exchange like you, she has a revision prefix.
 
I up chucked twice that first day. Not fun at all. My heroic PT saved the day getting a basin under me just in time, then he brought me barf bags, which I had to use after dinner. After that, everything settled down with the anti-nausea meds. Whew! I hope you're feeling settled now. I'm so happy to hear your spacer upsize and patella work is doing the trick for your knee.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
@skigirl so what do you think about the spacer size increase I got. OS says it's the size it should have been. Doesn't seem to indicate a leg lengthening or gait in my walk. I go see him next Week to have suchers removed. I will ask about it to be sure. It feels good to me so fare. No issues when I took a walk around yesterday.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You really didn't look very swollen at all when I was in yesterday. I think, other than your episode, you are doing amazingly well. @jfiori54 , when I had a similar incident, they said it was due to the spinal anesthesia too and was actually quite common. I wish they'd have warned me though. Thank goodness it only happened once!

Roxie
 
Only low point today was my block in my leg is still active, so
I couldn't lift my leg or lock it to lift. Or the leg lift with the pillow under the knee. I walked around and did stairs. Lost some on flex but I have been sitting in bed all day. We'll see how I do this afternoon. Looks like I stay one last day due to my pain med hiccup. Should go home tomorrow.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
The flex and the bend will come back, @wberry. You shouldn't have to work hard to get them. Just do everything gently.

I'm glad you're doing well now and the yucky episode is behind you.
 
Glad your surgery went so well! Don't forget that P(atience) word! :)

I know you can't do the exercise because of the block, but you have me curious... could you do the terminal knee extension (pillow under knee and extend lower portion of leg up) immediately after your TKR?
 
No, that one and the lift leg strait are both not responding. I could do them before surgery. I had three things done: spacer upsizing, bone alteration and tissue removal on the patella and the knee, lateral release on the patell to compete proper alignment. I think the latter is affecting my leg lift and existension the most.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom