Recent content by JennyHipcakes

  1. JennyHipcakes

    THR Pain flare 3 years after THR

    1. Posterior 2. Pain 3/10,sore,aching, sometimes throbbing 3. No prescription meds, currently alternating about once per 12 hrs Tylenol 1000mg, Aleve (1 tab) or Ibuprofen 800 mg. 4. Icing at bedtime 20 minutes on, sometimes afternoon the same 5. Elevating in bed and half the day 6...
  2. JennyHipcakes

    THR Pain flare 3 years after THR

    Thank you, Celle. I will be more judicious about the site and not start new threads. I appreciate the reminder about how to do things the right was here. Yes, Josephine, I am open to questions! I stopped the Aleve, as it was not working and simply made me sleepy. Ice has been working...
  3. JennyHipcakes

    THR Pain flare 3 years after THR

    Hello, Friends, I am having a pain flare-up in my left hip. Recent problems with Advil causing heartburn, so I'm taking Aleve every 12 hrs., and it's not working. Today's strategy is rest and ice. Feels like muscle or tendon pain, not like the crunching joint pain I had before my THR...
  4. JennyHipcakes

    THR Journal THR #2 10/6/15, 1st in 2006

    @hippywoman So sorry to hear of your recent pain flare-up! That would be scary, wondering if it's the prosthetic or just pulled muscles. When I have even the slightest pain, I worry. You mentioned that you can still walk, so I bet that is a good sign. If it was out of joint, you probably...
  5. JennyHipcakes

    Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

    @zinnia Inflammation is so painful (bursitis). Has anyone suggested cortisone? Ice and rest are great, but cortisone shot might really go to work on the inflammation.
  6. JennyHipcakes

    THR When is it time to have the other hip done<

    @Belladonna - I hope you are finding ways to soothe your pain while waiting for your July 25 surgery date. Just want to add my own words of encouragement here - each one of us is unique and brings our own idiosyncrasies to the table. If everyone was the same, there would be one treatment that...
  7. JennyHipcakes

    THR Layla's Recovery

    Hi @Layla !! Congratulations on your new hip! Hope you are home from the hospital now and finding your pain becoming less and less. I got home Friday. Constipation was a problem for me before coming home. I'm taking the aspirin twice a day, just like you. For me, taking the pain meds on...
  8. JennyHipcakes

    THR So it begins...

    @313Lola So happy you made it all the way upstairs and through the shower process!! Wow, that sounded like a climb up Mt. Everest! Glad to know your hubby was ever vigilant. I took my second shower at home today and my-oh-my, does that feel great. I can also relate to the amazing feeling of...
  9. JennyHipcakes

    THR When is it time to have the other hip done<

    @Belladonna If I were you, I would get the other side done as soon as you can. Chronic pain is so debilitating, and your joint may be getting worse and worse as you wait. Best wishes!
  10. JennyHipcakes

    THR So it begins...

    Hurray for you and for both of us, @313Lola We did it! Never exactly as planned, I guess, but the joint is shiny and new in there, so should function without pain once all the little side dishes are complete! Like incision pain, constipation, tapering down off narcotics, etc. I hope to go...
  11. JennyHipcakes

    THR Pain flare 3 years after THR

    Hello June Sunbeams and BoneSmart friends - not 100% sure on that yet. The day of surgery (6/27) is a blur in my memory already, and yesterday was really good. I got the Foley out, peed a lot and ate wonderful meals, walked to the stairwell and up and down stairs with PT/OT, even took a...
  12. JennyHipcakes

    2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    @Layla So glad to have a group to share experiences with! Tomorrow is our big day! I've had general anesthesia before and, since they also did spinal anesthesia, my pain was well-controlled. I was too groggy to notice much after surgery, and had no nausea at all. For me, the general...
  13. JennyHipcakes

    Can new hip mean better than before?

    @313Lola - Even if your physical therapy and recovery takes longer than usual, due to time and work to rebuild strength in supporting muscles, the joint will be new and flexible. I am not even generally aware of my left hip any more - 18 months after surgery. It took time. I didn't trust it...
  14. JennyHipcakes

    Struggling with pre-op pain

    Wow, thanks for sharing your story @dougie0216 - I am so glad your surgery was the ticket!! I have the "spear through my hip" pain at least twice a day. It's like I am scuba diving and a spearfisher mistakes me for prey and shoots a spear that enters under my right butt cheek and exits...
  15. JennyHipcakes

    2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    @twinklepop and @melimar99, we are sharing new hip birthdays! What are you doing right now for pain? I am so ready for this one -- tylenol and ibuprofen about three times a day, ice packs. I use the crutches as "outriggers," so my right side will not become so weak. My left hip has healed up...
Back
Top Bottom