Recent content by jaydub63

  1. jaydub63

    THR Jaydub63 port side recovery

    Awww, thanks y'all for thinking of me!!! I haven't been on the forum for awhile, but I thought I should jump on today for a 2 year update. So nice to see your kind words! And the forum looks great! It got a makeover while I was away. I think I was getting settled in my room after surgery right...
  2. jaydub63

    Bilateral THR Twice as Nice - JennyLynne's recovery

    Well, Detroit was founded by the French...
  3. jaydub63

    Bilateral THR Twice as Nice - JennyLynne's recovery

    It looks like it could be a decent day for grilling since the sun is out! My husband was quite ambitious with the cooking for the 10 days he was home with me when I was recovering. Even made cookies from scratch! Since then, nada.
  4. jaydub63

    THR Jaydub63 port side recovery

    Thanks for the birthday wishes! I celebrated by having an eye exam to get my first pair of prescription glasses. I've been using readers for a few years and figured it was time for something tailored to what I needed. Turns out my right eye is pretty good, but lefty needs alot of help - sounds a...
  5. jaydub63

    THR Jaydub63 port side recovery

    Thanks @Mojo333 ! You too. Also my birthday today. Just wish our weather was better!
  6. jaydub63

    Bilateral THR Twice as Nice - JennyLynne's recovery

    Yep, 40 degrees and rain...Pure Michigan, right?!? I really need to do some errands, but it's yucky outside. Glad to hear you are doing so well!
  7. jaydub63

    THR Sarak - There's Life After a Hip Replacement

    Happy 2 years for hip #1! That quiet, well-behaved child needs attention too. Glad to see that you are back out there enjoying life at top speed (or something approaching it)!
  8. jaydub63

    Bilateral THR Twice as Nice - JennyLynne's recovery

    @JennyLynne I'm in Ann Arbor - had mine at St. Joe's.
  9. jaydub63

    Bilateral THR Twice as Nice - JennyLynne's recovery

    @JennyLynne good luck on Monday! I'm a Michigander too - where are you having your surgery?
  10. jaydub63

    THR Jaydub63 port side recovery

    Hi @SaraK and @Layla ! Sorry I haven't been making it to the forum much lately. Work has been kicking my butt and we've had an issue with my 89 yo MIL. At the end of February for some unknown reason she was trying to clean up some ice on her driveway and ended up taking a fall on her right side...
  11. jaydub63

    THR Sarak - There's Life After a Hip Replacement

    Great news @SaraK ! It's so cold where I am the Postal Service has suspended service for at least today...so much for that motto of theirs! And the town of Hell, Michigan has officially frozen over.
  12. jaydub63

    THR 1-8-19 hip surgery recovery

    @goblue61 UM alum and Ann Arbor resident here - don't you know we are a basketball school now, 17 and 0!! I went back to work part-time at home 2 weeks after my mini-posterior and didn't try using my office chair at first, just used my laptop from my "recovery" chair so I could still ice and...
  13. jaydub63

    THR Sarak - There's Life After a Hip Replacement

    So aside from setting a new fashion trend for 2019 (fancy tops with scrub bottoms)...was there dancing??? Inquiring minds want to know!! No dancing at my house - I could barely stay awake until midnight!
  14. jaydub63

    THR Sarak - There's Life After a Hip Replacement

    Looks like you are doing well and Daisy the therapy cat is taking good care of you! I'm trying to figure out why I decided to work today...so slow and boring. Here's to a relaxing NYE and a Hippy New Year for 2019! :cheers2:
  15. jaydub63

    THR Sarak - There's Life After a Hip Replacement

    @SaraK I have to admit that I had never heard of Chi running before. I did a little googling and it looks like it might be helpful for someone wanting to decrease impact, if you can remember all the body alignment stuff. I have been trying to do more midfoot striking myself, but I really have...
Back
Top Bottom