THR Sarak - There's Life After a Hip Replacement

@Bone-obo - I regret to inform you that, despite months of performance reviews and employment counseling, Mr. Psoas' did not perform at the level required for continued employment. He has, therefore, been separated from the company.

IMG_20181231_1231067.jpg
Home in my recliner. Daisy is taking great care of me!

@SaraK Glad to see you are home and resting with Daisy! Hope you are as comfortable as can be and wishing you every success with this surgery...so you are out being naughty soon enough, but not too soon!:rotfl: Dream on right?!!

Looks like you are doing well and Daisy the therapy cat is taking good care of you! I'm trying to figure out why I decided to work today...so slow and boring.

Here's to a relaxing NYE and a Hippy New Year for 2019! :cheers2:

Ummm, @Layla , you're operating on old news. The feet were up earlier, but now I'm out to "dinner" (ok, really a NYE party with my dancing group). I have ice with me and will leave when I need to, but feeling great. Things loosening up and very little pain (I'm taking 1 pill instead of 2 and its been 6 hours since my last dose (I have one with me if needed). Dancing? We'll see how the night progresses. Surgeon even approved the outing and dancing as long as not in pain. Unfortunately, the only pants I could get over the swelling and bandage were scrub pants so I paired some black scrubs with a fancy top!

@Bone-obo - haven't you figured out yet not to challenge me?

Happy New Year all!

Black scrubs, how fitting, in homage to the good people who were anethsitizing and performing surgery on you a mere 12 hrs ago?...I yi yi :hairpulling:

None of this > :beer:
Or you might end up doing this > :spin:
Then tomorrow, feel like this > :dead:

Ok, I'm done now :old: lol.

So aside from setting a new fashion trend for 2019 (fancy tops with scrub bottoms)...was there dancing??? Inquiring minds want to know!!

No dancing at my house - I could barely stay awake until midnight!

Yes, @jaydub63 , there was dancing but a limited amount with liberal amounts of ice in between. I felt better and better through the day and then evening. I still have a very sore throat and the gassy aftereffects of the anesthesia and not sleeping well, but very little pain. As long as I don't lengthen the stride, I can walk without the cane without a limp or pain. It is more painful to try to lift or rotate the leg but that's to be expected. I'm going to see if I can get by today with just meloxicam and Tylenol. (And, yes, I do plan to visit the gym today for a little time on the cycle and treadmill.)

@SaraK The release sounds amazing! Sounds as if you are pushing ahead, but being careful?!! Happy New Year and wishing you lots of dancing in 2019 :egypdance:!

I'm in my own version of ODIC. No pain or setback but I used up all of my energy for the day! Other than walking a half mile on the treadmill, I've done nothing today but sleep! But I'll take that over pain!

Sleep is good. Our body does it's best healing while we're asleep.
Sleep, sleep, sleep :sleep::sleep::sleep:so you can go play, play, play :happydance: :chuckmarch: :happyfeet:
@SaraK

:doh::umm::skep:
I am off the forum trying to Not blow myself up with fireworks and see you are out dancing and on treadmill.
:beg:be good this week.
Healing happening here!

Hope you have a great week @SaraK :ice:

Last edited:
Hope today feels brighter than yesterday :SUNsmile:
@SaraK

Thanks, Layla! I feel like a slugabed but feel great otherwise. So far today I've gotten up to refresh ice, then napped, then gotten up and fixed oatmeal and cleared emails, then napped and just got up to take a shower. Settling in to do some work on the computer and then go to the gym. I'll decide in the am whether to work from home (several conference calls I have to be on) or go in. If I go in, I'll need to coordinate with my son since I'm not ready to drive yet. While I'm still stiff, I really don't have any pain (except when I moved the leg too much because of my son's cat darting underfoot). No pain pills since Mon night!

Awesome, Sara! I'm most happy to hear you don't have any pain. So wonderful!
I hope you are able to sleep for as long as you're tired.
Sounds like the procedure was a success. :happydance:
@SaraK

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Suby
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom