Recent content by javajunkie

  1. javajunkie

    THR Anyone had slightly elevated platelets w/ no symptoms?

    LOL Thanks for the honesty, @Josephine ... Much appreciated! :)
  2. javajunkie

    THR Heidi's Bionic Hip Trip

    Hello Bone Smart friends, I'm new to the site and SO happy to have found it! I wish I had found it sooner, say...back in the Spring of 2013 when I had my RTHR. Oh well, all that matters is I have found it now! Yay! Thought I'd share my story. I just turned 37, and I have struggled w/ pain...
  3. javajunkie

    THR Day nine, graduated to crutch, staples gone

    Hope your surgery went well today, and looking forward to reading about your recovery. Best of luck to ya in the coming days. You can do this!!!
  4. javajunkie

    THR Tomorrow is the big day check in time 7:45 AM Nervous

    Good Luck tomorrow, @jebrig3164 ! Can't wait to hear from you after you're home and healing. It will be so worth it to get rid of the pain, I promise! Keep your eye on the prize.
  5. javajunkie

    THR Resurfacing

    @medic4355 Just reading about your journey and wanted to take a moment to thank you for sharing your story. You have been through so much! I am so glad you were set straight about your pain meds. You gotta keep ahead of the pain so you can heal properly. With that being said, I completely...
  6. javajunkie

    Bilateral THR Hippy Toonz

    Hang in there, @DrToonz ! One step at a time. You are doing great! Get your rest, sounds like you will be needing it. You can do this. So proud of you for even being able to get online to talk about how you are doing. That's a victory in itself! Rest and keep up the good work.
  7. javajunkie

    THR Day 1

    @AlanInAZ Thanks, Alan! I appreciate your input. :)
  8. javajunkie

    THR Anyone had slightly elevated platelets w/ no symptoms?

    Hi all, I had a routine complete blood count done at the doctor's office last week and when the nurse phoned me to discuss the results, she mentioned I have slightly elevated platelet counts. (432 was the # she told me.) She said my doctor is not alarmed, but we will keep an eye on it. Of...
  9. javajunkie

    THR Day 1

    @Michelle1976 I'm so sorry for all you have been through and are continuing to deal with on your road to recovery. I can only imagine how frustrating this all must be for you! :( I want to thank you so much for sharing your story and encourage you to keep pushing on and seeking answers from...
  10. javajunkie

    Bilateral THR Hippy Toonz

    Wishing you the best on your journey to a full recovery. Sounds like you are off to a great start! Good luck w/ your PT.
  11. javajunkie

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    @psychteach I thought @Sailfreeordie 's post might be of interest to you. Don't know whereabouts in FL you are, but maybe you could look into his referral?
  12. javajunkie

    Hippy New Year

    Sorry, I forgot to add... Regarding restrictions, @psychteach , I had no restrictions for my anterior RTTHR. In fact, I was up and walking w/ a walker on the day of my surgery and discharged the next day. No physical therapy for me, only instructions to walk for 5 minutes for each hour that I...
  13. javajunkie

    Hippy New Year

    @psychteach I had an anterior right total hip replacement (please forgive me, I'm new to the forum & haven't gotten all the abbreviations down yet.) 6 months ago. I have a small, four inch incision on the front of my right hip. My recovery went extremely well. I just had my 6 month follow up...
Back
Top Bottom