Guest viewing is limited

THR Day nine, graduated to crutch, staples gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope your surgery went well today, and looking forward to reading about your recovery. Best of luck to ya in the coming days. You can do this!!!
 
Out of surgery. Was a doddle! Feeling good right now, freezing almost ask out. Ice on my hip, hydromorphone, life is good. More later

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2
 
Great chris sounds like everything went well. Praise The Lord !!!! My day is in the morning I'm looking to wake up and say I'm feeling good .
 
Sounds like all went well. Hope your recovery goes well also.
 
Glad all went so well @ grandma Chris.....take it easy......wishing you a great recovery....Chrissie xxxx
 
@grandma chris ...Glad you're on the other side and headed down the road to recovery!! Looking forward to reading about how you are doing!!

Healing hugs
Donna
 
I am a little stiff this morning but I think that's as much from lying on my back as anything. I managed about 2.5 hours of fitful sleep- pretty good I think. No sleeping pill as my pre-op showed mild apnea. They have me on a monitor and I don't think it went off. Maybe they'll take it of today. I got up twice - maybe three times for a trip to the commode. Just next to my bed but it felt really good to stand. Physio and xrays today. I was cautioned that I might not feel great later today or tomorrow but I'll play that as it comes. I am getting some kind of opioid but not the long lasting slow release type-again because of the sleep apnea thing. Also Tylenol. I have been religious about asking for it every three hours, the opioid not the Tylenol!- that's what was prescribed. Nurse very good about that but one LPN thought I should wait. I asked her to bring it now and she did.

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2
 
Good for you! Sounds like you're on your way. Pain is the enemy now so keep it locked up! ;) Peggy xo
 
Good that you keeping them to the pain meds!! The stiffness does get better especially when you can mobilise more....sometimes you do get a more painful day but it gets better. Take it steady...Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Okay, now it's all kicked in.. I think the freezing and pain relief they put in the spinal have finally worn off. Pain spiked to 7-8 before the medicine cocktail became effective.. And that took about an hour to really work. I guess it's to be expected- couldn't get away with so little pain! Now is when I really have to be vigilant. Any ideas on how long this phase will last?

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom