Recent content by janmont

  1. janmont

    TKR on the mend

    My therapist in pt had me doing lunges and squats on a trx machine because I have weak glutes. It turns out that was the cause of my back and periformus issues from the first knee. After I finished pt this time, I started doing sessions with a trainer at the gym who is a former pt assistant...
  2. janmont

    TKR on the mend

    Does a grade 4 mean a harder recovery? My 1 year old knee, the worst one, hurts along with the 10 week old one when I do assisted squats and lunges. Both hurt almost the same. The 2nd knee recovery is much better.
  3. janmont

    PKR Jan 21/16 tkr

    File a police report, his behavior of stealing them will reoccur if given a chance. I know from experience. It sounds like he feels no compassion for you so you need to nip this in the bud. You could try to cut your remaining pills in half.
  4. janmont

    TKR Karen's RTKR, January 19th, 2016

    Did you have the same OS as last time? If so, I wonder why it's different this time. I think if you talked to you OS and let him know how painful it is, he probably would back off. I tell my therapist that I am sore from the last session and she will back it down. Sometimes I am my own...
  5. janmont

    TKR Questions

    I too have tight calves. I knew it before surgery because the fitness trainer at Canyon Ranch Spa noted it while I was there. As Karol723 said that stretch she mentioned is the best one I have tried so far and was the among those recommended by the trainer. My therapist at first thought my...
  6. janmont

    TKR Karen's RTKR, January 19th, 2016

    Happy birthday! I am fine, pt says I'm on tack. I'm walking with no cane but still have some pain. I've tried cutting my 10 mg Percocet in half but most times I ind up taking the Ithe half 30 minutes later. I know you were riding your bike shortly after surgery last time, we you able to do...
  7. janmont

    TKR On the other side of finally!

    I had a nerve block and general anesthesia. Is a spinal a nerve block?
  8. janmont

    TKR Karen's RTKR, January 19th, 2016

    I'm glad you are doing so well. Is your appetite back? Craving spaghetti is a good sign. Mine is back now but wish it weren't. Take care!
  9. janmont

    TKR LTKR March 23, 2016 RTKR January 6, 2016

    The staples being out will make a big difference in how much you can move, it did for me.
  10. janmont

    TKR Karen's RTKR, January 19th, 2016

    Good luck and will see you on the other side. We are on almost the same timetable. My second knee has been easier than the first and I hope yours will be too.
  11. janmont

    TKR Jan is on the other side

    I too had a tilted pelvis that was causing my back to hurt. The back dr ordered pt for it. The pt would physically tilt my hip into place and gave me exercises to help it sty that way. It got resolved.
  12. janmont

    2016 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    Please add me to the list, I am having a left total knee replacement on January 5th 2016. Thanks
  13. janmont

    TKR SeptemberZen's Bionic Journey

    Hi Sept Zen, I just caught up on your thread. I am sorry you still can't sleep. Early on I took muscle relaxers along with the oxy because of my sciatica issues and the back of the knee and glute pains. I took Cycloenzaprine 10mg and that Will make you sleepy. My knee is great now, it's all...
  14. janmont

    TKR cracking and popping

    I too had glute, hip and an achey back of the leg down to the knee pain. Maggie is right about the stretches, there are some good ones online. I have done all that,including using a foam roller on the IT band. A rolling pin works too but not as well. Make sure to take pain meds if you try it...
  15. janmont

    PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

    It is good to see you are doing well. I am sure you will be up and moving in no time. I do think too, that mental attitude has a lot to do with ones recovery. I am back to the gym and I am even doing squats and lots of yard work, I tell myself every day that today is a better day than...
Back
Top Bottom