@Raffs, sleeping still an issue now and again for me and like others back and neck niggles seemed the norm.
Isn't it lovely to have your folks over and look after you for a while.
With regard to the meds, let the body and sleep cut down naturally. I would avoid making a conscious decision to...
@Hopper Fab news on the walking, feels good huh?
I have had many a day where I have over done it and dare I say it but I would probably have given my Wimbledon ticket up also. But watch at home, leg elevated with ice plus champagne and strawberries :)
Hope foot and ankle are OK now
@JennyLynne That is awesome news, so pleased the PKR didn't rule your evening, but the Stones did...yeay!
I've just heard from my husband (who is in The Lake District with a few pals) that he met a chap walking up a mountain that had a TKR 14 weeks ago......what!!!
Not sure I'm quite up to...
Hi @Raffs, had a very busy few days so just caught up with your posts.
You sound like you are doing brilliantly and I still remember the nights or as I used to call them my 24 hr days and sleeping and napping whenever.
Don't be a matter to the pain though, take what you need when you need...
Hi @Raffs sound as though you are doing very well and the hydratherapy sounds fab, by the way go tell the 'straight leg lifts' to do one! I was same as @JennyLynne about 4 weeks.
You have so much time for rehab, don't be bullied by PT's as some are bullies and some are lovely.
Glad pain is...
@JennyLynne I'm going to give BioOil a try also, been using Coconut Oil for weeks but fancy mixing it up...rock and roll! Loving the sound of those seats in the cinema.
@momweb The pain does go and the knee only wakes me if I knock it or I have over done the walking/biking/exercises - stick...
Hello, is it possible to change the detail of my surgery.
Underneath my posts it has TKR 12th May but in fact I had RPKR
Be grateful if this could be changed
I took a picture of my legs yesterday to compare and I was shocked at the amount of muscle loss there as been in the operated leg. So not surprising my leg gives way now and again and still working very hard on extensions.
@KYata my knee hyper extends also when walking....weird and I try to...
I remember using my good leg to shift my operated leg around and on and off the bed, hooked good foot under 'bad' calf and engaged muscles :)
I couldn't do any leg raise straight after the op.
Don't worry about brace, it all takes time and if you need it run with it and the next day you won't...
Welcome to the other side @Raffs, really hope you had a wonderful sleep and perhaps enjoyed breakfast.
I quite enjoyed having the catheter in as it was one less thing for me to worry about, but as I was drinking copious amounts of water it was soon out. So happy when line in hand came out...
@Raffs Hey there, wishing you all the best for today will be thinking of you.
Have you decided what anaesthetic to have or do you not have a choice?
Remember everything that you have read on here and take all the drugs offered to you and ice, ice, ice.
I am so excited for you because I know...
I wonder if it's similar to my 'muscle collapse' I get?
Occassionally when I go for my walk my knee gives way but after talking to my brother who has ongoing knee issues (it's a family thing!) he thinks it could be my muscle giving away as it did before my knee surgery and it is my muscles...
Update at just almost 7 weeks post op
Flexion - almost full flexion, but so difficult to put a measurement on it without anything to measure with. So at a guess and comparing with right I would say 140 degrees - what is full flexion?
Extension - cannot fully extend on my own yet but say 20...
Hi @Angel1978 Yes it knocks when I massage the scar but not noticed any noises any other time. Been told on here that is perfectly normal, so that's all good.
Hope you are doing OK
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.