Recent content by inimeg68

  1. inimeg68

    THR So Much Easier Than I Expected!

    Hi HHH, I sent you a message on my thread commenting on how great you're doing so don't think I'm crazy. I just managed to find your thread. I'm so sorry that you've had a minor setback. I told you that I needed to grow up and show a little restraint because I want it right now. You've...
  2. inimeg68

    What to expect during/after a bilateral hip replacement

    My right hip was bone on bone. My left hip was catching up very quickly. I could only walk 25 ft. Every step hurt. I couldn't sit or stand for long periods. I had a severe limp. My arthritis was so bad I couldn't take a full step up stairs. I would twist sideways when I would go up steps. I was...
  3. inimeg68

    What to expect during/after a bilateral hip replacement

    Hi, I am 2 weeks post op from surgery on both hips. My pain was no more than a 2 or 3 out of 10 and that was right after surgery. Most of the pain I felt was from the surgery. I went to inpatient rehabilitation but that was because I live alone. Inpatient rehab was a very smart move because it...
  4. inimeg68

    BTHR coming soon...

    Hi, I had both hips done 2 weeks ago. No regrets and no pain. You can do it.
  5. inimeg68

    Trying to not chicken out this time, any help?

    I'm 2 weeks post and I had surgery on both hips. Best thing I could have ever done. Do it, do it, do it. You will not regret it.
  6. inimeg68

    To be continued....

    Hi Hiphiphooray, I was going to hunt you down just to see how things are going with you. I'm learning a lot about myself through this process. I want it right now. I guess it's time to grow up and show a little restraint. Sounds like you are coming along very well and I'm so glad for you. I...
  7. inimeg68

    March Musketeers 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery in March?

    Hi Susanlanc, You sound just as I did when I first came on site in January. I want to tell you that your surgery date will be here before you know it. Before you can think straight your surgery will be done and the work starts. How do I know? I'm 2 weeks post surgery and have absolutely no...
  8. inimeg68

    To be continued....

    I went to outpatient rehabilitation today. I've got to work hard to get myself up to par but overall I feel very well. I have noticed numbness/burning/pain in my left leg/thigh. Truth be told, it's pretty painful when my animals decide that they must take a dive on my lap. I almost feel stupid...
  9. inimeg68

    To be continued....

    I think all the excitement of the surgery, anesthegia, rehab, post surgery coming home and more rehab has caught up with me. I am so tired.
  10. inimeg68

    ByGosh I Need a BTHR

    Hi ByGosh, I had to throw my 2 cents in there. On 2/11/13 I had my right hip replaced. On 2/13/13, I had my left hip replaced. I transferred to a rehab hospital last Friday. In the a.m., I'm going home. I'm walking, using crutches and in no pain. I have some rehab to complete but I have no...
  11. inimeg68

    To be continued....

    No, I get these grandiose ideas in my head and forget that we are all different. I had to give it time. I think I panicked a little. I will be leaving the rehab hospital tomorrow and going home. I'm eager to get home. I need some rest! I had to take the chain off my brain. The other night it...
  12. inimeg68

    To be continued....

    The admittance to hospital rehabilitation was a wise move. After the surgeries were complete, I thought I'd be up and running. I'm up, just not running. I panicked. I read of the great progress of the Bonesmart Family and I immediately believed that something is amiss. I put my pride and...
  13. inimeg68

    To be continued....

    No worries, I'm at rehab right now. An ambulance dropped me off a couple of hours ago. Thanks for the concern; I've been concerned as well. I'm up and about on a walker but not stable at all. This was the best place for me. I'm swollen from the hips down but I'll take this over arthritis pain...
  14. inimeg68

    To be continued....

    WHOO HOO! No more arthritis pain! I want to shout it to the world!
  15. inimeg68

    THR So Much Easier Than I Expected!

    Hi HHH- I'm all done with all the surgeries and reading the gospel according to HHH. I couldn't have said it better.
Back
Top Bottom