Recent content by Hwa1538

  1. Hwa1538

    New in this forum and need advice.

    I had my RTKR 10 weeks ago. I can kneel down on the floor and get up. I did not ask my OS about this issue. As Jamie mentioned that OS advised not to kneel down that often, I should ask my OS about this restriction, because I love to do my floor exercises.
  2. Hwa1538

    65+ anticipating total on both knees at same time

    I just had a RTKR 2 month ago and I can knee down on the floor and get up. My friend who had BTKR and very happy that she did both at the same time. If my both knees need replacement , I would do the same time because you only need to go through the recovery once. The recovery is a challenge...
  3. Hwa1538

    TKR Need Help and Encouragement, please...

    Hi BEG, you should be proud of yourself. You have my respect. Reading your threads, I understand that you have gone through a lot not only your knee , your lost of love ones, plus, you are taking care of your mom and step dad. These are all difficult tasks. You are very strong; however...
  4. Hwa1538

    TKR Does it make any difference by using quad sparing TKR procedure

    @pdx, thank you for your advice about energy. I have tried to cut down my pain med. now I only take one per day. Starting next week, I will cut out completely, and I should walk more. To be honest, I am afraid of walking too long because it may make my knee to get Stiff. I know walking is...
  5. Hwa1538

    TKR Does it make any difference by using quad sparing TKR procedure

    Merry Christmas everyone!! I am 8 weeks. My progress has not any dramatic improvement, other than I can use the stairway as a normal person does instead of one step at a time. I feel more comfortable walking and driving. However, my energy is still behind. For instance, I can not clean the...
  6. Hwa1538

    Bilateral TKR Recovery Diary

    Hi Roy: just want to let you know I learned so much from you regarding exercises with out pushing, especially you have post so many photos illustrating thos exercises so clearly. Again, thank you for sharing and always providing useful advice to others. God bless you. Happy holidays!
  7. Hwa1538

    TKR Starting to wish I'd never had a knee replacement

    Hi Linda, we all can feel your frustration about the slow process. However, this process can not be rushed. When the knee is in pain or stiff, it will not bend. Forcing or rushing only do more harm than good. Give your knee more time to heal. Do not focus on numbers. The ROM will get...
  8. Hwa1538

    TKR Does it make any difference by using quad sparing TKR procedure

    Hi jjillek, I was thinking about you. I am so glad you are doing well. You are right that MIS Quad Sparing TKR does make a difference with regard to the healing process. My PT comments the difference is about three months. In other words, we are three month ahead in comparison with those who...
  9. Hwa1538

    TKR Does it make any difference by using quad sparing TKR procedure

    6th week update My husband and I flew to San Jose to see my OS for my 6th weeks check up. OS was very pleased with my progress especially about my ROM which was increased from 85 to 125. I remembered even at my 3rd week, my ROM was less than 100. Lessons learned: 1. The recovery journey is...
  10. Hwa1538

    TKR 4 weeks post right TKR dificulty bending

    Marco: I can understand that you are very concerned your financial sitiuation because if you can not go back to work soon, you will not have an income to pay the bill. As a result, you worked hard trying to get a good ROM and even want to try MUA even your OS has not recommended yet...
  11. Hwa1538

    Finally a Date for Surgery and my Journey to come

    Hi Bill. I am 5 weeks out, and my recovery has been pretty good. To be honest with you, buy a ticket to fly to Phenix. and planning to sit in a wheelchair watching a game, you will be very disappointed because most of us would be very uncomfortable siting in a chair for that long. I know I...
  12. Hwa1538

    A Journey Begins

    Hi susie: this is a great sie which you will get a lot of support and good advice. I had my TKR done 5 weeks ago. Friends from this site help me tremendously. Just a note, my knee was done by an experienced OS who specializes in MIS (quad sparing sparing) TKR. This procedure will have less...
  13. Hwa1538

    TKR New brand new Knee

    Boy,I just finished reading your thread, and I could not believe what kind of OS is. I thought mine was demanding by asking me to reach 120 by the 6th weeks; but even then he did not mention about MUA. Like many friends on this site have proofed each one heal differently, and ROM can be...
  14. Hwa1538

    TKR On the road to recovery

    maggie may, take a good care of yourself. Let us know how you are doing. Don't forget you have many friends on this site caring about you. Thank you for reading my thread and provided useful advice. Best wish to your health. Bonny
  15. Hwa1538

    TKR Does it make any difference by using quad sparing TKR procedure

    That exercise works. Bonesmart friends, if you want to increase your R O M, try this exercise 2 times per hour if possible. Mine has increased to 116.
Back
Top Bottom