Recent content by HollyM

  1. HollyM

    TKR Holly is bionic!!

    Hi everyone, Had my PT appointment today and was peddling around on the bike :bicycle1: when all of a sudden it started up! I looked at my PT guy and said - hey - this thing just turned on! He laughed and told me that I finally was peddling fast enough for it to register!! HA!! I thought...
  2. HollyM

    TKR Holly is bionic!!

    Cheryl, I do ride the stationary bike - but that has only been at my PT appointments. At first, I just rocked my feet back and forth and it wasn't until about a week ago that I was actually able to make it all the way around with the peddles. My PT guy said that he wants me to ride for about...
  3. HollyM

    TKR Holly is bionic!!

    Cheryl, I go to our YMCA to do my workouts - outside of what I do in my PT sessions. I go in the hot tub for 15 minutes when I first get there. Walking around in it if possible, and then doing knee bending exercises. Then I go into the pool and water walk, do leg lifts, etc. for 25 minutes...
  4. HollyM

    TKR Holly is bionic!!

    I did it - I peddled around on the bike!! :bicycle1: YAHOO!!! Holy cow - I've been working SOOOOO hard to get this accomplished - and today was the day!!! :egypdance: Everything else looks good - and I was told that I will only meet with PT about 3-4 more times. Pool is going great and...
  5. HollyM

    Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

    WOW WOMAN - you're amazing! Just checking in to see how you're doing...seems pretty awesome! Keep up the good work!! Give the mice a squeeze for me!
  6. HollyM

    TKR Adnil checking in....

    Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you and all you're going through. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers as you move forward. Just keep remembering - he doesn't miss out on a thing...he sees ALL your wonderful progress and I am confident that he is beaming from the...
  7. HollyM

    TKR Holly is bionic!!

    Hello! Haven't been on line for awhile, so as I'm sitting here icing, I thought I'd check on everyone and give an update. I was able to go on my first 5 night camping trip! :) It was great - ok - the stairs going in and out of the camper sucked, but by the last day - I had a good system down...
  8. HollyM

    TKR ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th

    Oh WOW - I haven't been on the site for awhile and just got caught up on your thread. Sounds like that knee is giving you a run for your money. I'm so sorry to hear about that. It sounds like you're doing well adjusting to the two crutches again, and the 50% weight bearing. You can do this...
  9. HollyM

    TKR Holly is bionic!!

    The stair demon has been slayed!! :yes!: I did it! My husband came home last night and I said - "I'm doing the steps" - and I did!! It actually wasn't bad at all. It was mostly my head that was stopping me, now that the leg is working better. I just used the cane on one side to help out...
  10. HollyM

    TKR Holly is bionic!!

    OK - let's hear a big YAHOO!!! :happydance: I just started walking around my house WITHOUT my cane!! :happydance: I can't hardly believe it's happened - but it has!! WHEW!!! I was in my office looking for something - just holding my cane in my hand but it wasn't on the floor. Then I just...
  11. HollyM

    TKR Holly is bionic!!

    Just finished with my 4 week post op with the doc. He seemed pleased overall at my progress but seemed kind of surprised that my thigh just engaged this past Friday.:shrug: He said my scar looks wonderful and gave me the go ahead to hit the pool in about a week! :yahoo: OMG - THAT'S what...
  12. HollyM

    TKR ACK! OMG! TKR on May 29th

    I'm a side sleeper too - because I have advanced disc disease in my lower back and sleeping on it is painful!!! I think it was hard for me at first to sleep on my side because I was afraid it would hurt and I was concentrating so hard on if it was hurting me that every little twinge gave me an...
  13. HollyM

    TKR Holly is bionic!!

    Hi! I'm doing really well - thanks for asking! I actually managed to "stand" for my entire shower yesterday! Did have the chair in there with me - just in case, but didn't need it! I started driving on Saturday. I'm not on any narcotics - so I figured it was ok to get behind the wheel...
  14. HollyM

    TKR Post-Op in Tel Aviv, Israel

    YAHOO!!! I'm SO happy for you! Keep up the good work!
  15. HollyM

    Bilateral TKR New Here

    Gayle, I work in SPED too and am hoping that I'll be ready to go also by September! Have the same kinds of kiddos as you do with the same kinds of assistance needed. We'll get there!!!
Back
Top Bottom