Recent content by Hippie Chick

  1. H

    Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

    @danelady - schedule the appointment with the new doctor. He may participate in a program that makes a new surgery possible financially. I see it as a positive that they reached back out to you. I saw a quote that really helps me that you can borrow: “What if it all works out?”
  2. H

    Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

    If you have not changed bank cards, you may want to consider getting a new one. Your bank should have done this already. Staying on top of this will also make you feel better in the long haul- this lady has no idea she has messed with THE Dane Lady.
  3. H

    Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

    I was so relieved to see your post. Pneumonia seems to be the big illness this year. Please take care of yourself so that you can recover fully. There are programs out there for phones if you still need one. I know Val will love a visit from you when you are able to. Your hippie family misses...
  4. H

    THR New Hip 12/4/24

    Welcome!
  5. H

    THR Post THR advice?

    I saw here to get new shoes to replace any that had evident wear patterns from prior to surgery. I bought clogs for winter and those worked well. I wore my birks in the hotter months. I liked being able to just slip them on.
  6. H

    THR Concerns after THR at a super young age

    Stressing and second guessing are not good for anyone about anything. You have two brand new hips that are going to see you through many exciting adventures! Here’s to a happy, healthy recovery!
  7. H

    THR Time to change things up.

    Enjoy your trip!
  8. H

    Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

    Happy Thanksgiving DaneLady! I hope you had a wonderful holiday! I miss hearing from you!
  9. H

    THR Pregnancy & Childbirth with Bilateral Hip Replacements

    Check to see if any ob gyns mention unique pregnancies in their ads. Good luck!
  10. H

    Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

    Chiming in- we miss you! What happened over Halloween? Last year was something else. A short post will do but a longer one would be even better!
  11. H

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    Try to do something nice after your appointment in the city that it is in. I had dinner and shopped with my sister when I discovered I needed a thr. It didn’t take away from the seriousness, but it helped me process it before driving home. Plus I enjoyed eating at a restaurant that is not in my...
  12. H

    THR Nanny’s recovery

    Yay! It’s the little normal things.
  13. H

    THR Roxi rocking on

    I must not have followed directions- I shaved prior to surgery and when it was comfortable following. As the weather turns cold, an alternative is to wear long skirts and pants. Consider it our version of no shave November. :)
  14. H

    THR Constanze's recovery diary

    Great job! It is so motivating to your fellow hippies!
  15. H

    THR Seem to be going backwards

    It was quite painful to see my wonderful shoes go but I donated ones gently used which helped. I won’t mention my beloved boots. I am slowly getting shoes- I truly believe I walk differently now.
Back
Top Bottom