Recent content by Happydale

  1. Happydale

    TKR Thesoutherncook's Second Time Around!

    Hi Helen, Nice to hear from you. I'm so glad to know your new knee is settled in and serving you well. Mine is good too. I usually don't think about it, but I'm not yet normal on stairs. I also think I need to try harder to walk correctly. I'm chalking that up to all the limping I've done...
  2. Happydale

    TKR Happydale's Left knee, now properly installed,

    I guess I'm at about 9 weeks post op. I sure wish I had kept up with my posts at this stage for my first knee replacement, so I could quit worrying! In general, I'm doing just fine. I am pretty much living my normal life, and I even have some extraordinary accomplishments. Last week we had...
  3. Happydale

    2nd TKR vs. the 1st one--experiences?

    Hi snorkelgrl. I haven't been on BoneSmart for a looong time, so I'm just now "meeting" you. Like you, I spent some time looking for others here who had positive experiences. I'm glad you found my story, because I am indeed an example of an easier recovery. It stands to reason that in...
  4. Happydale

    TKR Happydale's Left knee, now properly installed,

    Ah, my BoneSmart friends, I have been AWOL for too long!! I had good intentions to keep my thread updated, even if just for the purpose of my own record. I had my 6 week visit with my doctor last week, and he felt everything is going fine. They never measure anything, but they just ask how I'm...
  5. Happydale

    MUA Ruby's Tuesday--July 11th, 2017<

    Hi Ruby, I haven't been on BoneSmart for quite awhile. I'm sorry to get back on and find out all this bad news on your thread! You have received lots and lots of great advice about how to move forward. The only thing I want to add is the possibility of finding a different PT, maybe even at a...
  6. Happydale

    TKR Happydale's Left knee, now properly installed,

    So glad you whipped up a batch of muffins, @liam2015. One of my pups has a wheat allergy, so although he is irritated when he doesn't get a sample of whatever is baking, I have to deny him the pleasure and give him a dog treat instead. I really hesitate to share my ROM, because I don't want...
  7. Happydale

    TKR Happydale's Left knee, now properly installed,

    Thanks for sharing that, @jaschembra. It gives me encouragement. And @Pheebs52, I find your comments to be so uplifting. I admire your willingness to go with the flow, taking things as they come. I'm sure you've noticed by reading everyone's progress, that it isn't unusual for some to go...
  8. Happydale

    MUA Ruby's Tuesday--July 11th, 2017<

    I absolutely hate to hear that any PT would say to you: "if I think I've felt bad pain so far, then I really don't want to wake up after a MUA-- it will be so much worse!" I don't believe this is true, based on others' testimony on this website, but even if it were true, what a thing to say...
  9. Happydale

    TKR Happydale's Left knee, now properly installed,

    Good news for me yesterday! I had PT, and my regular therapist Colleen was back to work after her vacation (hallelujah!). My flex hadn't moved off of 100 for 2 weeks and 4 PT appointments. Reassurances from my Smartie friends really helped me to settle down about that, but I was also feeling...
  10. Happydale

    Revision TKR Third times the charm- hopefully

    I feel you, Jan. I was thinking that my lack of energy was just from being out of the habit of being active, so I was trying to do more. Surprisingly, my PT told me yesterday that the reason I'm pooped is that I'm doing too much! I didn't expect that coming from her, the one who says why...
  11. Happydale

    TKR Walking without an aid?<

    Hello crissyp, I just read through your thread and it really rang a familiar tune to me. In July I had my second knee done, and I'm at almost 6 weeks post op. Honestly, my pending surgery was never out of my mind for very long, and now I'm so sorry I put myself through so much worry. I was...
  12. Happydale

    MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

    Aw, Becky, you are carrying a lot of worry burdens! I'll bet when you go back to work you'll be so tired that you'll sleep like a baby. Also about the tears: Naturally you're worried about getting back into the swing of work after such a long absence. Layer that with your lack of sleep, that...
  13. Happydale

    MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

    Wow, Becky, two new bendable knees, straight teeth with a lovely smile, and a kind-looking handsome man to share it all with. Life is good. Sleep will surely find you...
  14. Happydale

    TKR Happydale's Left knee, now properly installed,

    Thanks much, @Celle. This is very helpful!
  15. Happydale

    MUA Ruby's Tuesday--July 11th, 2017<

    I revised my post to clarify my experience with Tylenol - sorry for my lack of clarity!
Back
Top Bottom