Recent content by Grandma new knee

  1. G

    TKR Grandma's knee recovery thread

    Thanks for asking! I'm doing well! I am off pain meds except for OTC and am doing therapy 3x a week and they are good about not pushing me if it hurts! I think I'm farther along in mobility than last time, but have less extension and flexion than this point on the other leg. This website gave...
  2. G

    2016 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

    Hi Tabby, I saw that you were also scheduled for TKR on the 21st, so we are knee buddies. How are you doing and is this your first knee surgery? I love your kitty picture! We have 4 cats and one is a dark tabby called Stripes. Julie (grandma new knee) RTKR Jan 7, 2016 LTKR April 21, 2016
  3. G

    2016 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

    Thank you so much! My surgery went very well. Much different than lastlast time but after 10 days I am in a good place Grandma new knee RTKR Jan 7, 2016 LTKR April 21, 2016
  4. G

    2016 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

    My 2nd TKR is April 21. Last one was Jan 7 and went well so I am looking forward to this second surgery. Can't wait to have 2 good knees so I can get up and out more. This site helped me so much with my last surgery in knowing what to expect afterward and in my attitude to therapy. Thank you!
  5. G

    TKR Grandma's knee recovery thread

    Yes, this does help. I'm sure I've put a few things in the wrong place!
  6. G

    2016 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

    My second knee replacement will be April 21 and I can't wait to have 2 straight legs! Last surgery was Jan. 7th and recovery is slow and steady which for me is good. Looking forward to being able to keep up with my young granddaughters much better.
  7. G

    TKR Grandma's knee recovery thread

    Thanks! I'm a little confused as to how to use this site for discussions. The articles have been a wonderful help as have the discussions. I'm sure they have made my recovery much better. I get my other knee done in April and am so looking forward to being able to walk normally and relatively...
  8. G

    TKR Grandma's knee recovery thread

    Some days my "good" knee is worse than my surgery knee and I have to switch. When I have my left knee done in late spring, I'll really be mixed up!
  9. G

    TKR Grandma's knee recovery thread

    I had an outpatient RTKR Jan 7 where I had surgery at 7:30 and left at noon using a walker. My OS's office is also in their surgery center and there is a therapy center there too, so one stop shopping. I would have been kept longer if I had needed it but was glad to be in quiet at my in-laws one...
  10. G

    Rehab

    Enjoy that beautiful ocean view and good luck with your surgery! I'm so glad I read this thread for all the good suggestions! I'll start gathering my things tomorrow for my 1/7/16 RKR and will add my grabber to the pile. I liked the idea I read on this site where it was suggested to have 2 1/2...
  11. G

    2016 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    Good luck! I am not worried about surgery on Thursdsy at all. I am concerned about doing the therapy and exercises afterward when my other knee is also bad and I'm so out of shape from not moving much the last few years. I am lucky that my husband and I are now retired and I can have my...
  12. G

    2016 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    Hi January knee buddies! Are any of you scheduled to go home the same day as your surgery?
  13. G

    2016 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    So glad I found this site! What a great resource. My right knee total replacement is scheduled for Jan.7. I had my first meeting with the surgeon who verified I was a candidate for replacement 3 weeks ago. Since I'm recently retired I was able to schedule my surgery right away but was surprised...
Back
Top Bottom