Guest viewing is limited

Rehab

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ice machine will become your best friend freeze some water bottles to put I the ice machine it will save you having to make ice all the time and you can reuse the bottles. They last a lot longer than ice. I love your view will definitely help with your recovery.
 
The only thing my hospital provided was prescription refill service and a walker. The walker was provided by an outside service, so they just brought it and dropped it off in my hospital room while I was waiting for my ride home. No setting up the walker. :bignono: I lucked up and caught the physical therapy people as they were leaving for the day and one of them set up the walker to the correct height for me.

I had to go find large bandages (my suggestion is to buy those at your local medical supply store before your surgery) and get everything else myself.

A suggestion for your walker-- besides a front bag, you can add a pool noodle to the horizontal bars. Just cut a pool noodle (the type with a hole in the center) to fit the bar and slit it down the middle, and then slip the noodle pieces over the bars. This will give you a soft surface to hang your leg when you are in a doctor's waiting room, etc, and need to get the leg straight.
 
I hope I get more help with the walker. That is a good idea with pool noodle.
At this time I'm just hoping to get through surgery Jan. 20th.:yikes:
 
Used the pool noodle covered walker bar to hang my leg today while in a doctor's waiting room. It worked well for hanging/elevating my leg (I had KR operation 2 days ago). The only modification would be to use zip ties at each end to keep the pool noodle from falling off.
 
Enjoy that beautiful ocean view and good luck with your surgery! I'm so glad I read this thread for all the good suggestions! I'll start gathering my things tomorrow for my 1/7/16 RKR and will add my grabber to the pile. I liked the idea I read on this site where it was suggested to have 2 1/2 gal. bottles of water by the bed so you don't need to ask someone to bring glass fulls as often. And they also suggested using a shoulder bag to carry items if you don't have a walker basket.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom