I agree. The pain is a 25 on the pain scale. Are you having;
Night sweats?
Warmth at the hip scare?
Two weeks before my hip dislocated I went back to my Cane. Walking exhausted me. I was having pain in the hip.
My Back went out. I toughed it out and on the Saturday that it happened 4 weeks ago...
Carol
I had my first revision surgery on the 27th of Dec. OS found a impingement/Metal on Metal contact. My cause of my Original pain for the last 2 years. Dr. Haung replaced the ball and the stem to slightly lengthing the leg. It was not noticeable after the surgury. A few restrictions cause he...
Shucking is when there is movement in the new joint. When I walk my the leg bone drops slightly out of the socket. When I add weight to the foot the new ball slams back into the socket. If I move faster than a shuffle it begins to ache. Cold weather worsens the pain. I thought Jo or someone...
13 Nov for the revision. Same OS will do the surgery/revision. I might get to go in earlier if someone else chickens out. The Scheduler thinks she might. 23 Oct.
I got to catch up with the 1% club of which I find that I am a member of. Some of you all have a way with words and seem to type...
Hey Carol My Date is the 13 of Nov for MY REVISION on my left hip. I will read up on your Story tonight at work (early Afternoon on Thursday) See if we have the same complaints. I liked the doctor looking at the Xrays and kept repeating himself over and over "I got you right. everything looks...
I am now convinced my only choice is to have a revision. Saw the OS Dr. Haung on Monday morning and this time there was no disagreement. He did change the scary talk a bit. Now he will go in and swap the plastic cup and ball end to try and take up the slack in the hip. If no luck he will last...
No Jo I do not have a copy of the xray at this time. I could not remember the term "Shucking" A very Un Medical term I ever heard. I have heard a few do the Number of RNs in the family (mother and 4 sisters and 2 brothers).
Dede, Since I live up north I went to the local guy. All three Dr's I...
OS says its nothing. My hip says differently. Pain is at the joint both inner and outer side. The more I move the worse it gets. If I shuffle along slowly I can manage. As soon as I pickup the pace the parts start to move and I can feel it.
Standing still with all of my weight on the right...
Well I am back here again Looking for answers. Last year I had the Left Hip done in Jan. The Right one done in March. When the left one was done the OS said he had to install a screw into the ball Socket. Shows on the xray.
Problem is I felt Movement in the left hip all along; OS dismissed it...
Jan 4 2012 for the left hip and I believe 21 March 2012 for the right one. I am having issues with slop in the left hip. Pain is at the 2 to 4 pain level. most days. the higher number when I get walking to fast. OS said the fix is putting in a new ball. Not now!
As long as the Shots continue to work I will continue to get them. But yes iw will get a set of them Hotrod installed in about 5 years. I still need the money cause I spend a bunch fishing. Case in point since April I have run 275 Gallons of fuel thru my boat. I average 1.8 to 2.6 MPG depending...
Long time Lurker, Occasional Poster, Busy Person, Really these are just excuses for not posting.
I am back at work. The pain I am experiencing now is Different than the original hip pain. The tendons and the actual leg bone is sore cause of work, No pain pills to alleve it.
I tried to get...
Well for a 3 week update.
I must of upset my PT; she found me wacking Dandelion flowers with the Chuck-it Tennis Ball Thrower. She drove up and I was Using my Cain but at the Base of my driveway. Still on my Pain Meds every four hours or so. If I forget about it by the 5th hour I am soaring...
Carol I too have the pain in the groin area as well as the outside just above the knee. Heat is what gets it to calm down as well as a SOFT Message. Too much pressure hurts.
Otherwise glad to see you continuing to live and experience Marvin. A tough old bird she is.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.