Recent content by glmrphy

  1. glmrphy

    THR Released- from the "Joint"

    Hey, gang..... in a couple of days I will mark the 3rd month since my RTHR. Things are going well, esp since I decided to leave my job. Was working 60-70 hr weeks and had had several talks with my boss about demoting me to an hourly position (this would allow me to work 35-40 hrs a week) and he...
  2. glmrphy

    THR Released- from the "Joint"

    Been a while since I posted. It has been two months since my surgery. I have been working non stop, issues with staffing, but I have handled it well. My PT says that my physical therapy is from my work, which is true. I am able to crouch down all the way with no pain. The bursitis I had is all...
  3. glmrphy

    THR Yay! I made it to the other side!

    Awesome! Welcome to the hippy side... :friends:
  4. glmrphy

    Core Decompression Help me please with my AVN

    Go to another surgeon for a second opinion. First you need to ask, did the core decompression work? If not, then I am sad to tell you that AVN only gets worse and that hip replacement is in your future anyway. The pain from AVN is worse that arthritis pain, and in my case, pain meds did not...
  5. glmrphy

    Not long now! First thing Monday May 5th!

    @MsFit1 , can't believe it's time already, waiting to read you post op updates, you go girl!
  6. glmrphy

    THR Me2 and Recovery

    @Me2 , great report, day by day we get there! I had read my post-op report and that is where I had it finally confirmed that they used the Hana Table with me, lol... I didn't want to know ahead of time, but was interesting reading for sure! Not sure I really wanted to know what size saw they...
  7. glmrphy

    THR Pain in hip after nine years.

    @Dmcfad2 , didn't you have some restrictions with your type of surgical approach? Just wasn't sure how soon any of your home exercises were implemented. I will tell you that the exercise that got me there was: stand with feet shoulder length apart (I usually held onto something, the bar in my...
  8. glmrphy

    THR Recovery in progress

    Let me ease your fears about the Norco... my surgery was March 18 and I still take two of them a day and the doc gave me Tramadol to take during the day. So, I take Norco in the morning and evening and Tramadol in between. Also, I take a 325 mg Tylenol with the Tramadol (and sometimes with the...
  9. glmrphy

    THR Released- from the "Joint"

    Oh, dear friends, I went to my nephew's wedding today! Challenges I faced were: pantyhose, shopping for an outfit and shoes that wouldnt make me twist an ankle, therefore, hurting my hip. With my hours at work I waited until the day before to shop (I don't recommend that, new hip or not, lol)...
  10. glmrphy

    THR From Hipster Chic to Hippie Chic!! My Superpath THR

    @hipster_chic , I had blood pressure issues that seemed to be better if I drank some water before getting up. Also, your pain after surgery will soon be so much less. I had AVN, and THAT pain is horrendous, isn't it, comparitively, esp when you know that your current pain is due to surgical and...
  11. glmrphy

    THR Pain in hip after nine years.

    No, @Dmcfad2 , I worked 6 am to 3 pm... lol... Im just tired today. Using ice like there's no tomorrow. Gonna be an early night! :alarm:
  12. glmrphy

    THR Pain in hip after nine years.

    Yay, Debbie, @Dmcfad2 ! :goodpost:
  13. glmrphy

    THR Released- from the "Joint"

    Yeah, I did, it was very informative! I am on lunch right now, icing, lol! Thanks, dear! Let me know how your post op went...
  14. glmrphy

    THR Things couldn't have gone better. Minor hiccup but all is good.

    @M1ke , I had ice on my hip when I awoke, but I was not shy about asking for refills, lol... I know it helped me, but I did not have the local, only general. And I also had a drain tube in place for fluid drainage. But I still used ice. It certainly couldn't hurt! :)
  15. glmrphy

    THR Things couldn't have gone better. Minor hiccup but all is good.

    Wonderful! Glad things went well and you are finally on the other side... Get some rest!
Back
Top Bottom