Recent content by freeriderNC

  1. freeriderNC

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    @SusieShoes I also, built up my quads by swimming and doing exercises in the pool at the YMCA. I still struggled with even lifting my leg up. I built those back up in out patient therapy. You are definitely a poster child for BTKR.
  2. freeriderNC

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    @SusieShoes You are doing absolutely amazing! I didn't go to rehab....I had home therapy for several weeks 3 X a week. My hubby took really care of me. We had house all set up before surgery. Like a lift chair to help him & me. Raised toilet One was portable I used at night. I slept in the...
  3. freeriderNC

    Revision TKR HELP - 16 months out and in pain<

    So sorry to hear you are having problems I had bilateral 12/8/16 I do get stiffness if I keep them one way too long like sitting, laying with them straight out I swim at the YMCA 3 times a week My prayers are with you that OS can get you results . Sent from my iPhone using broken link...
  4. freeriderNC

    Bilateral TKR FreeriderNC's Recovery Thread - Update

    Hi everyone It's been a long while since I posted I have been doing great Didn't make getting on my Harley but hoping I will be ready by Spring May check in to making mine into a Trike or put a side car on for extra confidence. It's been a little over 13 months I go swimming 3 times a week at...
  5. freeriderNC

    TKR Tammy's new knee

    Hi Tammy Praying you get better each day. I had bilateral on Dec 8. Sleeping has gotten better for me. Sleep for about 3 hours & wake Up stuff but a few sliding knee up toward hips & just holding for a while helps me. I get like a band of tightness late in the day. Sounds like you are doing...
  6. freeriderNC

    Why can't I often find my thread?

    I have the same problem for me I need to book mark also for freeriderNC. I do better on the computer Can you send me my link. I look & do more from my phone at night when I'm having trouble sleeping. Love reading the stories Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. freeriderNC

    Bilateral TKR FreeriderNC's Recovery Thread - Update

    I want to try that plastic wrap. My knees feel like a tight rubber band around them. Wake me up feeling stiff. I don't understand why they feel so tight now I'm almost 3 months with bilateral Wish I knew why they so tight feeling Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  8. freeriderNC

    Bilateral TKR Scheduled February 2016

    I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. I also had bilateral on December 8. I'm not sure why but they told me that I would have to ask for pain medicine But they wrote it on the board and I use my iPhone and set the alarm. It laid right on my chest. I was on Dialudid pill every 4 hours &...
  9. freeriderNC

    Bilateral TKR FreeriderNC's Recovery Thread - Update

    PT told me if I get in hot tub to be sure and get back in pool to cool the knees down. The pool is 80 degrees but feels very cold after hot tub. I always hated anything Cold on my knees before surgery. Cold just hurts arthritis now I want Ice on them. :)
  10. freeriderNC

    Bilateral TKR FreeriderNC's Recovery Thread - Update

    @Timetolive the compression stocking. only come to the top of my knee(not over the knees) I was wear those because my feet still swell so bad. Cant get shoes on. Even some I bought too big for this problem after surgery. Only some crocks. I'll check out the saran wrap. I have a wedge in the bed...
  11. freeriderNC

    Bilateral TKR FreeriderNC's Recovery Thread - Update

    @GratefulNana I also, have never been able to nap during the day. some people take naps (my husband one) for 2 hours in the evening. That's more than I sleep at a time. I have always only slept no more than 6 hours no matter how late I go to bed. But its always been straight sound sleeping. I...
  12. freeriderNC

    Bilateral TKR FreeriderNC's Recovery Thread - Update

    Thanks @Timetolive I think I do every stretch there is LOL I think I'm going to the YMCA today to do some there and then soak my bones in the hot tub. This yucky weather we having is not helping much with motivating me out today though. The Zanaflex 4mg seems to help some at night, I saw where...
  13. freeriderNC

    Bilateral TKR Scheduled February 2016

    This breaks my heart @KayeKaye I can't imagine this. I had a care partner (nurse helper what they called here) while in the hospital was very rude, aggressive and just didn't need to be in that kind of job. She had No compassion at all. PT wanted them to get me out of bed to go to the...
  14. freeriderNC

    Bilateral TKR FreeriderNC's Recovery Thread - Update

    I have been doing great with everything ....right on track. ROM last week was 118. I still go to PT twice a week. and will for another at least 3 weeks, My problem that I am having is legs aching way down deep inside. Especially hips and outer thighs, even calfs at night. Wakes me up and keeps...
  15. freeriderNC

    PKR My recovery begins<

    Best wishes and praying for a speedy recovery
Back
Top Bottom