• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

Why can't I often find my thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amberpep

Sr Bonesmartie
Country
United States United States
I have not been here for quite awhile, mainly because I can't find my original thread, and trouble with passwords, etc. I just seem to be on the low end of the Bell Curve or something. Just can't seem to get it right.
I'm moving in a month, down to where my girls live .... 45 min. away from them. Trying to get excited, but it's hard. I'm very happy here, but it's time for me to be closer. Packing is no fun, that's for sure.
My knee is great. It took the revision and a long period of hard work, but now it's really good. Still need to use my hands to get out of a chair, but I can put up with that.

Take care,
abby

Pumpkln

Country
Abby,
Glad to hear you are doing well. Moving is a chore, I am sure you will be pleased once you are settled.
Here is a link to your thread. http://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/still-having-difficulty-from-amberpep.23889/page-28#post-732929
Put your thread into your bookmarks on your computer, that way you can find it when you sign on.

Here is how to find your thread: http://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/how-can-i-find-my-threads-and-posts.14732/
Hope that helps, wishing you an uneventful move.

OP
OP
amberpep

amberpep

Sr Bonesmartie
Country
HI EVERYONE! Yes, I'm still alive .... just in the middle and end of moving to Harrisonberg, VA. So, I'm here now ..... I'd like some input and advice from you all.
Since my revision my balance has been way off. Off to the point of falling for little to very little reason. It's scary sometimes. If I accidentally step in a hole, plop, I fall. Anything that never bothered me before, make me fall now. Yesterday I was telling my dentist about it, and he said that several of his patients say that and it's probably because one leg is slightly shorter than the other, due to the surgery. It is solved with a slight lift in that shoe that needs it. Could this be the reason? I'd really like some input from you all. And, I don't know if I should go back to my doctor who did the surgery, or find a new one down here .... a thought I dread. I went to my old dentist back in MD for my teeth to be worked on this passed week.
One of the hardest thing I've grappled with is finding new doctors .... now an Orthopedist. How do you know they're good? I just don't know what to do and I'd appreciate any input and advice you all could all give me regarding this balance thing.
Thanks so much,
Barb (old Abby) :shrug::cry:

freeriderNC

Country
I have the same problem for me I need to book mark also for freeriderNC. I do better on the computer Can you send me my link. I look & do more from my phone at night when I'm having trouble sleeping. Love reading the stories

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

OP
OP
amberpep

amberpep

Sr Bonesmartie
Country
Update: I've been in Harrisonburg, VA since Oct. 2015 and don't care for it. I don't want to offend anyone, but the folks here are not at all friendly. I'm looking for an apt. in Staunton or Waynesboro. ((actually, if it weren't for my girls being here, I'd be back in my condo in MD in a heartbeat.))
I fell about a month ago on my garage floor - concrete - and really banged my head. I just laid there, I think I was a bit out of it for a minute or so. That did it, I called the Ortho. that I'd decided to use. Monday I start P.T. for strengthening those muscles and ligaments, he gave me a stronger version of Advil - Rx - and a brace to wear with the metal hinges when I'm standing or walking for a time. Some of the falls were funny .... I took a tumble in a restaurant, going off a step in winter face first into 8" of snow, down a grassy hill. But the garage thing was far from funny .... just plain scary.

I'll keep you all posted on how things are going. Oh yes, also, tomorrow afternoon I have to put my sweet Molly (the picture) down. Her congestive heart failure has gotten so bad she breaths rapidly, fluid is accumulating inside her body, and she won't eat. She looks terrified like I am to do something. I can't watch my little sweetie suffer like this. Cavaliers are the sweetest little things.

Barb (i.e. abby)

newlybionic

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
I'm so sorry to hear about your beautiful Molly to sleep. I'm sure you both had many wonderful years together.

OP
OP
amberpep

amberpep

Sr Bonesmartie
Country
Thanks newlybionic ... actually I got her when she was 4 ... she was a breeding female in a puppy mill .... she'd already had 4 liters. She was a mess ..... afraid of grass, I had to teach her to go up and down steps, not to be afraid of crunchy leaves. She never did get the idea of play. But she's 11, and I've loved her and loved her. She's had a good life since she escaped the mill.
Barb (abby) :bawl:

Josephine

NURSE DIRECTOR EMERITUS
Nurse Director
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Your threads have been merged as per this request One thread for your recovery please?

It is so much easier to be able to help you and give you the advice you need when we are able to easily see when your surgery was, what other issues you may have had, and what has been going on in your recovery just by looking at one thread instead of bouncing back and forth between two or more other threads.

We also have help articles here, you know! In here How To Use This Forum (it's in the "Help & Info" tab across the top of the page).
The article you want is this one How can I find my threads and posts?

This thread is now closed in order to make sure you see this notice. I have also pm'd you. Let me know if you have any problems/don't understand this. We ARE here to help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
momofthreee
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom