Recent content by Focuspositively

  1. F

    TKR Which exercises to continue pre MUA?

    I don’t know what my ROM is now? since I was discharged from PT Feb 5. PR didn’t think she could help me anymore. At that time, my left was 70 active and right 100 active. It seems to me about the same. I’m now walking 45 minutes though in the malls, to get out of the snow. I go about 3-4 times...
  2. F

    TKR TKR with Fibro and Raynauds and RA, anyone else?

    @beralc Just wanted to give you my condolences on your health challenges. I’ve had hyperparathyroidism in the past and can’t imagine going through that while going through TKRs. While you don’t have that, it sounds like you’re facing similar challenges. Imbalanced hormones can be depressing...
  3. F

    TKR Day to day sitting about

    Hi @ouchie! , I can’t wait! sigh ….
  4. F

    TKR Day to day sitting about

    Hi @Caron , I’m in the same boat as you. I had my LTKR 12.5 weeks ago and a MUA on my 12 week old RTKR at that time so they’re both now at 12.5 weeks. I’m walking in malls a few days a week for 40 minutes now (due to snow outside) and intend to add 5 min each week till end of April when I’m...
  5. F

    TKR Which exercises to continue pre MUA?

    @Layla not sure if BoneSmart was aware of this article? Just to refer to as it was a great article seeing I have problems with swelling: “c. Elevation and icing of limb 40min 3x/day at minimum, more if needed” taken from...
  6. F

    TKR Two months in and struggling to get ROM

    @Sam76 Hi Sam76, I had a LTKR on Nov 21, 2024 so I’m at 9 weeks too. I also have low ROM it’s 72, It’s the swelling. I’ve only been doing about 3-6 stretches daily and just started 20 minutes of walking every other day last week, plus small household chores. I had worked up to doing 8.5...
  7. F

    TKR Which exercises to continue pre MUA?

    Huge progress at PT today compared to 2 weeks ago: left knee bent 9 degrees more!!! right knee bent 20 degrees more!!!! All these numbers were active meaning that the PT didn’t push on my knees/legs. So: Jan 8 (7 weeks minus 1 day): left 63 active 67 passive right 80 active 90 passive Jan...
  8. F

    MUA Sleeping on my side, 5 weeks post TKR

    @Andypandy I can relate. It’s so hard to know how much is too much exercise without trying. I’m trying to listen to my body. If I’m in more pain or swelling I do less the next day and just rest and ice and elevate. Usually within one or two days I feel much better. I just take it slow. I’m at...
  9. F

    TKR Which exercises to continue pre MUA?

    @Layla Yes, I slept well last night probably because my visit with my Surgeon went well. Today I started a weekly very light Aqua aerobic class. I cut back on some of the exercises to avoid overdoing it but it was 45 minutes long which is a lot compared to the gentle stretching and walking I’m...
  10. F

    TKR Which exercises to continue pre MUA?

    @Lupyhippie Thx for noticing the correlation between my ROM #’s going down after PT sessions on my first RTKR done August 27, 2024. It’s because of the swelling it caused from pushing through pain. I’m babying my knees this time after my LTKR and MUA on my right on Nov 21, 2024. Fortunately, I...
  11. F

    TKR Staying Positive

    Don’t give up! I’m planning a trip to Europe this Spring. I’ll be 5 months postop both knees (my right had a MUA at 12 weeks postop). I’m being positive about my progress! Call me crazy if you want but I want to get back to living! :loveshwr:
  12. F

    TKR Staying Positive

    The Surgeon showed me my leg super flexy during my MUA and said it was 123 ROM but ONLY 3 hours later it wasn’t even 90 from the swelling. The ROM kept decreasing from swelling. It’s taken me 7 weeks to get it back to 90. @Oldped @westiemom
  13. F

    TKR Slow recovery from TKR

    :console2:Hope you’re feeling better soon! Sending you hugs and warm wishes.
  14. F

    TKR Staying Positive

    I’m sorry to hear that you’re feeling down with your progress. I can relate so you’re not alone. My LTKR was measured this week at 67 and it’s 7 weeks postop and my RTKR measured at 90 and it’s 20 weeks post op but had an MUA on it 7 weeks ago. My RTKR was about 90 before the MUA so it hasn’t...
  15. F

    TKR Which exercises to continue pre MUA?

    Here’s my experience with an MUA this year: My RTKR ROM Progress: (when you see two numbers the first number is active - or by me without PT pushing leg and the second number is with PT pushing leg) Sept 10 - 75 (2 weeks postop) Sept 11 - 90 Sept 23 - 85 then 92 (4 weeks) Oct 4 - 90 then 97...
Back
Top Bottom