Guest viewing is limited

TKR Which exercises to continue pre MUA?

Huge progress at PT today compared to 2 weeks ago: left knee bent 9 degrees more!!! right knee bent 20 degrees more!!!! All these numbers were active meaning that the PT didn’t push on my knees/legs. So:

Jan 8 (7 weeks minus 1 day):
left 63 active 67 passive
right 80 active 90 passive
Jan 22 (9 weeks minus 1 day):
left 72 active right 100 active

PT didn’t push my leg/knee to get higher numbers today. (pushing is passive)

What’s amazing is that I’ve only been doing one set of my 6 stretches a day, plus lots of icing and elevating. Three exercises then an 8.5 minute walk in my home, then elevate, ice and rest for 45 minutes, then repeat with the last three stretches later in the day. I’ve done a little more as I started a very light weekly water aerobic class last week. I’ve also been to the mall twice to walk this past week. Once for 25 minutes then the second time for 17 minutes as 25 was too much.
So… BoneSmart is right! less is more for my poor swollen legs/knees! Just bought the travel Lounge Doctor leg raiser. I’m taking it with me on my trip to Europe this April. :happydance:My happy dance!!
 
I like your happy dance! I'm gonna join you in celebration. :happydance::happydance:
Keep up the good work! Europe...here she comes. :wink:
@Focuspositively
 
@Layla not sure if BoneSmart was aware of this article?

Just to refer to as it was a great article seeing I have problems with swelling:

“c. Elevation and icing of limb 40min 3x/day at minimum, more if needed” taken from:

 
Very interesting article and so thoughtful of you to share here. It appears it was brought to the attention of Admin to review also. Thanks so much, FP. :thumb: :)
@Focuspositively
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
Hope you're doing well. April is getting closer and your trip to Europe sounds exciting!
Best wishes for a wonderful weekend! :SUNsmile:
@Focuspositively
 
I don’t know what my ROM is now? since I was discharged from PT Feb 5. PR didn’t think she could help me anymore. At that time, my left was 70 active and right 100 active. It seems to me about the same. I’m now walking 45 minutes though in the malls, to get out of the snow. I go about 3-4 times a week. I’m adding 5 minutes to my walk every week. It helps me feel stronger. I’m doing more housework and still going once a week to a water aerobics class. My wounds are so sensitive to the sheets! I went back to using scar sheets to help heal the wounds. They add a layer to the wounds to protect them from the sheets. I’m not using a cane anymore unless just to the car due to snow and ice. I find that my leg muscles are sensitive to doing a bike so have only spent up to 3 minutes just stretching my legs at a time. I haven’t done that much either. I can sit longer now but try to keep moving, unless my toes are up above my nose. Thanks for checking on me.
 
:wave: Thanks for the update. It sounds like you're making nice progress!
Love that you're making the effort to walk at the mall since it's too cold and often very slippery outdoors this time of year. Keep up the good work!
@Focuspositively
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom