Recent content by fearbox

  1. fearbox

    THR CRPS

    CRPS is bar far the worst thing I've ever had. I've been thru 3 hip surgeries 2 THR, cancer, countless back surgeries, knee reconstruction, it's been about 16 surgeries. When I had a 3 level fusion surgery I had serious complications. They had to put a stent in my left leg. I was supposed to go...
  2. fearbox

    THR CRPS

    I was curious in this forum has ever heard of CRPS (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome). It's far worse than the pain I had with both THR. It's as if my left foot and lower leg are in the campfire and I can't take my leg out. It's 24/7. If anyone knows of a forum that specifically knows about CRPS...
  3. fearbox

    THR Home after THR May 4th

    Thank you. I called my oncologist and she said the numbness is from all the lymph nodes they took. They took over 20. They couldn't help but cut nerves to do that. It's going to take a long time for that to heal. I'm thankful that my recent THR is going well and shouldn't be a huge issue as I...
  4. fearbox

    THR Newbie! Anterior hip on May 19, 2015

    @ Doner Just catching up on here. I am just a few weeks ahead of you. Painting toe nails is huge. Life just keeps happening no matter where we are at in the THR recovery. Sleep seems to be a huge complaint of mine. I am on my second replacement. It went so much better than the first. I am...
  5. fearbox

    THR Home after THR May 4th

    I have a question. With the radical hysterectomy, is it normal that from mid thigh and up is numb again on my RTHR that I had done in May? It feels so different than it did pre RH surgery. Thanks for any info in advance. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  6. fearbox

    THR Home after THR May 4th

    My chemo and radiation won't start until Aug 24th or 31st. I need to heal from the surgery I just had. Good news is I won't lose my hair!! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. fearbox

    THR Home after THR May 4th

    I thought I'd put an update as I have been absent from the board for a while. My life has been crazy. First my new hip is doing great. It is so much better than my other THR (L) I had done in 7/14. That hip will never be the same. I have such extreme back issues as well. Everyday is a...
  8. fearbox

    THR Lower back pain/sleeping on my back

    My Doc prescribed Trazadone for sleep for me. That was a huge mistake for me. Lol. It made me want to literally run people over and then back over them! Fits of rage. And..I am a very mellow person. It's crazy. Prednisone does the same thing as well. I also suffer from insomnia. I take 10mg of...
  9. fearbox

    THR Newbie! Anterior hip on May 19, 2015

    Yay @ Doner! It's nice to get your freedom back with Driving. I also have made that transition. Good luck returning to work part time!! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  10. fearbox

    THR Newbie! Anterior hip on May 19, 2015

    @Doner I am here to tell you...I had the same experience you did. My Dr said that I would be so happy after the fact. I'd get up and walk right after surgery. Umm, SO not true. This is MAJOR surgery. I was so disappointed that I just didn't automatically feel good. This is a long huge process...
  11. fearbox

    THR Newbie! Anterior hip on May 19, 2015

    I am at 6 weeks! I still need my cane. I still have pain and swelling. It's funny how it's so different for each individual. I won't have work clearance until August 3rd. I had a very active weekend with grad parties. My niece and God daughter just graduated. So proud of her. I forgot how much...
  12. fearbox

    THR Newbie! Anterior hip on May 19, 2015

    @sunbunny, I will be happy to keep you posted on what we do. It has helped tremendously. I literally have no pain when in that water. Hanging and relaxing is the best. I have been going up stairs left/right and I think I have strained my leg quite a bit. You feel good one day and have to be...
  13. fearbox

    THR Newbie! Anterior hip on May 19, 2015

    @Doner I was cleared at 3 weeks for the pool. It has been simply amazing. The non weight baring in the pool is wonderful. I usually hang on a noodle the first 5 min. Then I do the motions of riding a bike while hanging on the noodle. Then we do like a jumping jack motion with your legs while on...
  14. fearbox

    THR Newbie! Anterior hip on May 19, 2015

    @doner This is a fantastic wealth of information. Maybe you can request going to a physical therapist. My PT said to absolutely NOT try and do any leg lifts. All you are doing is aggravating the soft tissue and such. I am 5 weeks out. I can finally go one left/right down the stairs. I can only...
  15. fearbox

    THR Newbie! Anterior hip on May 19, 2015

    Nights are the worst for me too. I'm a little disgusted I'm only four weeks out and I had to practically beg my Dr.'s PA for more Norco. I only need it at night. During the day I just take Tylenol and ibuprofen. But when night time rolls around the pain just ramps up. I've had more sleepless...
Back
Top Bottom