THR Home after THR May 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yesterday I had my first pool pt. it was amazing. My therapist is amazing. I spend the first 5 min or so just hanging on a noodle. It's non weight baring and lets everything relax. We did some stretching exercises and I even walked in the treadmill in the water. Then I walked backwards.

It's the only way to rehab for me. I go twice a week. I still have issues with my first LTHR so this really helps with that too. My lower back has herniated discs as well. If I could live in water, I would. I can't believe the difference in my RTHR. My right side is going to pass up my left side. I'm down to one crutch and hopefully to just a cane soon. Because I will transition to a cane, they already gave me one. Thank God for such great therapists. I feel like I will walk normal again one day. It's been over 2 years of hell.

I hope everyone is doing well. Happy healing


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@JulieJF

The water is so appealing!! I'm surprised it's not part of every THR. The benefits of being in the water to me are overwhelming. Having arthritis and a bad back I can move so much better in the water. The pt pool is warm water and has the treadmill on the bottom. I walk hands free. I literally never want to get out.
If I had the money, I'd have one in my house. Rumor has it you must buy a lottery ticket to win. LoL There goes my chances..






Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I think being in the water prior to my hip replacement has help me with recovery. I look forward to returning. I just learned today the heater at the pool is broken so the pool will be down for a few weeks while they install a new heater. Sigh.
 
@webbie73

That is no good. I hope they get it fixed soon. I wish I had an appt today. I could use the pool today. I know I could go to a fitness club or the YMCA but I am not fond of sharing the pool with the little kids.
Tomorrow is another day.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I thought I'd put an update as I have been absent from the board for a while. My life has been crazy.

First my new hip is doing great. It is so much better than my other THR (L) I had done in 7/14. That hip will never be the same. I have such extreme back issues as well. Everyday is a struggle. To make matters more interesting I have been diagnosed with cervical cancer as well. I just underwent a radical hysterectomy where they had to take everything. Early menopause will be so much fun. Trying to recover from 3 hip surgeries and 2 other surgeries in the last year and a half has taken its toll. I go see my oncologist today to find out how much chemo and radiation I need. They did catch it early enough, before it hit my lymph nodes. It was 90% invasive and in the lymphatic channels. At least it was completely contained to the cervix. I have to have chemo and radiation to make sure all the micro cells are caught.
It's been a rough recovery because my left hip still hurts, my right hip is only a few months old and my back is a whole other subject.

I am so fortunate to have an amazing family. They have been completely supportive and caring. My husband is so compassionate and understanding My boys have been wonderful. My sister has been there 100%. sometimes it feels like it takes a village. I'd be lost without all of them.

Thank you for letting me whine on here. This board is always full of great advise and caring people. Thank you

Kris (fearbox)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Trying to recover from 3 hip surgeries and 2 other surgeries in the last year and a half has taken its toll.
My goodness @fearbox ! You have really been through the ringer. What a trooper you are. So happy you have a supportive family.

All the best with your continued treatment. Not fun - but thanks to modern medicine these things can be controlled. Please do keep us updated. We are with you all the way!
 
Hello Kris,
What adversity - one thing after another! I wish you well with the next stage. You do sound remarkable - hang on in there and rest as much as you can.
 
My chemo and radiation won't start until Aug 24th or 31st. I need to heal from the surgery I just had. Good news is I won't lose my hair!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I have a question. With the radical hysterectomy, is it normal that from mid thigh and up is numb again on my RTHR that I had done in May? It feels so different than it did pre RH surgery. Thanks for any info in advance.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I have no expertise at all in what you are going through but just wanted to say take care and look after yourself.
 
I have no expertise at all in what you are going through but just wanted to say take care and look after yourself.

Thank you. I called my oncologist and she said the numbness is from all the lymph nodes they took. They took over 20. They couldn't help but cut nerves to do that. It's going to take a long time for that to heal. I'm thankful that my recent THR is going well and shouldn't be a huge issue as I go thru the cancer treatment.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom