Recent content by ErniesMa

  1. ErniesMa

    Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

    I'm so glad I read this thread! I have dental appointment on Monday for a cleaning and I completely forgot about getting antibiotics!!
  2. ErniesMa

    PKR Partial knee 10 October 2012

    15 weeks ago today....I would love to say that I'm to the point that I'm glad I had the surgery, but unfortunately I can't yet. I'm sure I will, I just can't yet. That's kind of depressing in a way. But, every week gets better. I've been brave enough to give the treadmill a go and got it up to...
  3. ErniesMa

    TKR New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34

    What is the Bad Girl's Club???
  4. ErniesMa

    PKR Partial knee 10 October 2012

    I probably should have worded it that way instead of telling her that I had been avoiding her because I let her comments hurt my feelings. It's all good, if she were supposed to be a good friend, she would have supported me whether I progressed at a pace that pleased or not.
  5. ErniesMa

    PKR Partial knee 10 October 2012

    Apparently my knee is not ready for squats yet. I met with a personal trainer at the gym on Saturday and she had me do some squats, ouch, ouch, ouch. On one of them I don't know if my knee gave out or I just forgot to stop on the way down, but that one really smarted. I'll stick to...
  6. ErniesMa

    TKR I made it to the other side

    25-30 minutes of sustained walking at your stage is more than I could have handled at that point. patience seems to be the hardest part of this recovery.
  7. ErniesMa

    TKR Hoping for a new me after this new knee...at 37!

    Fernie! You should definitely be talking with your boss about this. You could be out of work anywhere from 8 weeks on up and they should know...just an opinion. Trust me, I went back to work early and I regretted every minute of every day.
  8. ErniesMa

    TKR How Many Days in the Hospital?

    I had surgery around 1:00 on a Thursday and was home on my own couch by 5:00 the next day. They took me for a walk around the floor that I was on the night of surgery and again in the morning after breakfast. They were going to let me shower the morning after surgery, but I'm kinda picky about...
  9. ErniesMa

    TKR Debbie1954

    We had an ice skating rink in our back yard and I remember the time I skated in my bright red bell bottoms. The ice made the hem a hard round circle, it looked like I had mini hula hoops on the bottom of my pants
  10. ErniesMa

    TKR Knee stiff at times

    Yep, pretty normal. I'm 12 weeks out and still get stiff and achey. I really have to concentrate on walking heel to toe so that I don't limp, especially after exercising when it feel so stiff that I can barely straighten it enough for the heel to touch the floor.
  11. ErniesMa

    TKR Debbie1954

    My mom used to have one of those and she would hide in the bathroom every time her husband drove over a bridge. I think he went out of his way to find long bridges after he figured it out. My hubby threatens to buy one when I retire, he's already retired, and keep us on the road most of the...
  12. ErniesMa

    TKR Debbie1954

    My parents wouldn't have let me out of the house with a halter top. I hate to admit it, but two years ago I bought my very first halter top...lol. It didn't show any tummy, but I felt awkward just the same. I'll put a picture of me from 10th grade on my thread, I've been told I haven't changed...
  13. ErniesMa

    TKR Nanners adventure to the other side

    *hangs head* I still have that nasty habit. I've tried everything from the patch, the books, hypnosis, Wellbutrin, Chantix. I guess I'm just not ready to quit yet. So naturally, I never get a cold, it's just a smokers cough (gimme a break!) I started taking Vit C and a Calcium/magnesium/zinc...
  14. ErniesMa

    TKR Nanners adventure to the other side

    Oh, that creeping crud has been trying to catch me for a week now! Every time I think I got it beat, I wake up feeling like my glands are swollen. I don't know what's in it, but my son and I both agree that when we feel like poo-poo, hot and sour soup always makes us feel better faster. I'd say...
  15. ErniesMa

    TKR What works for you

    I'm not going to tell you that you are doing too much because everyone else already has...lol. I haven't attempted to go on any walks yet and I'm 12 weeks out. When I talked to my OS at my 12 week check up and he gave me the go ahead to get back to the gym, I asked him about the tread mill and...
Back
Top Bottom