Recent content by Dobeck

  1. Dobeck

    THR Nerdgrrl has a new hip!

    Glad you're home and doing well. I've been off line for a little while and read your thread. I love the white noise app myself. It's good when I travel to get some sleep. Make sure you keep up with the rest, ice and elevate. Icing is really your friend. Your kitties sound nice. Mine...
  2. Dobeck

    THR RT anterior Oct 8th 2012

    Hello, This is my first time on since October 29th. I did okay during the Hurricane, but some of my friend didn't fair so well. Lots of lost power and wind damage. I've been doing good with my hip with the exception of the Meralgia Paresthetica coming back with a vengeance. It started last...
  3. Dobeck

    THR Gail's smiling ok!

    Hello all, My OS told me I could lay on my surgery side after three weeks, but it's still painful to lay on that side for me too. Not sure when I will be able to lay on it, but I'm tired of sleeping on my back that's for sure. Gail - I hope your sister can make it in to keep you company...
  4. Dobeck

    October Feisties 2012 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In October?

    Hello Halloween Hip, I had RTHR on October 8th, anterior approach and recovering nicely. At my hospital, they gave me a kit of things I needed for home. A grabber, leg lifter, clothing aid/stick, sock aid, long shoe horn and elastic shoe laces to slide my shoes on. I purchased a raised...
  5. Dobeck

    aa1pd RTHR pre-op thread

    George, My thoughts are with you as I'm experiencing the storm right now. We've got about 3-4 inches of rain this morning and the wind is really increasing. Probably about 40 miles per hour with gusts over 50. Got some big trees near my home. Hope they fall away from me if they come down...
  6. Dobeck

    THR RT anterior Oct 8th 2012

    Thanks Cardie and Weezy, It's very stormy here in Baltimore as the Hurricane gets closer to landfall. We have had about 3-4 inches of rain since early this morning and the wind is increasing by the minute. Knock on wood that I don't lose power. I will take your advice on resting during the...
  7. Dobeck

    October Feisties 2012 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In October?

    Not sure if I'm responding late, but just read the last few responses and noticed the comments on back pain and nerve block. I had a lot of back pain on the side with the bad hip near the end before surgery. I'm happy to say the pain is gone in that area after the surgery. I also had a nerve...
  8. Dobeck

    Bilateral THR Weezy is woozy and back home

    I agree with everyone, you need the rest as you have two hips to recover from. I find it more of a struggle for me to stay in bed. My back starts hurting because I've never like laying on my back for a long time. I can't sleep on either side right now. My OS told me I can sleep on my surgery...
  9. Dobeck

    THR Gail's smiling ok!

    They really warned me in the hospital about the constipation. They gave me Colace and told me to take it at home. This helps a lot to keep you regular. :) I'm trying to take the same Tramadol and Tylenol every 6 hours. My pain is not bad right now, I'm about 18 days out of surgery. I...
  10. Dobeck

    THR RT anterior Oct 8th 2012

    Hi Weezy, Roxy is a wonderful cat, but she has a very low quiet purr. She's very hard to hear, but she does purr a lot. She's very small only 6 lbs and fully grown. I see you have a beautiful cat too. What type of breed is she/he? I love those eyes!!! I was going to try and contact the OS...
  11. Dobeck

    THR RT anterior Oct 8th 2012

    Hi Cardie, Roxy is a great companion. She's very lovable and wants to be with you all the time. My PT said the first couple months are all about healing and making sure the hip is settling in properly. She really doesn't want me to use a cane right now, but I think as long as I'm...
  12. Dobeck

    AVN, has anyone had THR as a result of this?

    Good for you on getting your socks on. It's funny, but when you can't do it it is a small pleasure. Not sure where I will be in a week with the pain meds. I'm going to try to go back to work the week after next and I will be out of the Oxycodone in a couple days. I will have to rely on the...
  13. Dobeck

    aa1pd RTHR pre-op thread

    Hi George, I found myself barely walking days before my surgery. Not sure if it was psychological or not. The OS did say after the surgery that my hip was in really bad shape, but I can only imagine most people are in bad shape at the time of surgery. The x-ray did show it collapsing and...
  14. Dobeck

    THR RT anterior Oct 8th 2012

    I finally added a photo of my little girl. Her name is "Roxy" and she's a Singapura. She says "Hello" everyone!!! :angel:
  15. Dobeck

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    Here is my scar 10 days after surgery. The OS used glue on the 4½" incision.
Back
Top Bottom