Recent content by dmetz

  1. dmetz

    TKR Walking without an aid?<

    My left knee was done Oct. 3,2016. Six months later my right knee was acting up really bad. I just decided then and there to do it. I knew it would be very painful again and all the icing elevating and being dependent on my husband for a few weeks but I wanted a normal life again. I wanted to...
  2. dmetz

    TKR Final PT TODAY

    Thanks Celle! I couldn't remember how to find my thread!:flwrysmile:
  3. dmetz

    TKR Final PT TODAY

    Hi everyone! I'm a little over 4 1/2 weeks out from rtkr. Had my PT appointment today. Measured 130 and 0. Told the therapist I was done and heading to the beach for a couple of weeks. I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum for the encouragement and wisdom. You guys are the best! I have...
  4. dmetz

    TKR 6 months still stiff

    Hi hopetohike! I'm doing well! This right knee seems to be a little more temperamental than the left was. I'm experiencing the stiffness too at times. But all in all very happy with it. I'm thinking this will be my last week of PT. My ROM is almost where my left is. Which is 135. Extension 0. I...
  5. dmetz

    TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

    Yay! So happy for you! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  6. dmetz

    Need some encouragement

    Hi Ruby9297. You have come to the right place. There are a lot of wonderful people who will be there to encourage you through this journey. I just had my second tkr on June 5. I'm healing well. The first two weeks are rough but doable! Just follow the advice you receive on here and you will do...
  7. dmetz

    TKR Knit2tog's Journey to Better Knees

    Try not to fret over mua. My surgeon told me yesterday that he doesn't expect his patients to have ROM 90 until week 6. He said each knee is different and that usually with some patience and perserverence everyone gets there. Needless to say. I love him! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using...
  8. dmetz

    Seven more days!

    Welcome! And good luck on your surgery. This site is filled with wonderful people and very wise advice! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  9. dmetz

    TKR kmak's TKR recovery thread

    Welcome! One thing this forum has taught me is that we are all individuals. No two knees are alike even our own. I'm just doing gentle PT the same way I did my other knee. Believe me your ROM is there just waiting for the swelling and inflammation to go down. Listen to the people on this site...
  10. dmetz

    TKR 6 months still stiff

    Hi hopetohike! I am so glad you're doing well. I had my 2 week postop today. OS says everything looks good! ROM is at 117. He said extension is great. So I'll just keep doing what I've been doing and I'm sure it will turn out like the other knee. I hear ya on the PT. The reason I'm going is...
  11. dmetz

    MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

    Hi betticu! Congratulations on your anniversary! I'm sorry you are still having such a hard time with flexion. I'm seeing my OS this morning. 16 days out. The physical therapist says I'm doing really well considering I stopped all pain meds on day 9. I was too nauseous. Couldn't tolerate any...
  12. dmetz

    Cortisone shots: how many and how often?

    Agnes. I'm 59. I just had my right knee replaced on June 5 , 2017. My left one was replaced October 2016. I had cortisone injections for years. Also had all the gel injections. They stopped working. I don't want to si on the sidelines until I'm 70! I want to play now! My first replaced knee...
  13. dmetz

    TKR 6 months still stiff

    @Hopetohike. I am so glad you are doing well. I'm doing ok off of the pain meds also. I'm at day 14 and things are definitely looking up. It's hot here in California. Supposed to be 110 for the rest of the week so I will be hiding in the cool of the house except for PT. There is so much to be...
  14. dmetz

    TKR 6 months still stiff

    @Hopetohike. How are you doing? I am like you. I can't tolerate the meds. Had to switch to just tylenol on the 9th day post op. By the time I quit the meds my nausea was so far gone that it has taken 5 days to be able to even feel like eating. Hope you are still doing well. Sent from my...
  15. dmetz

    MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

    Oh betticu. I'm so sorry you had a wasted trip. The difference in the knees are amazing. I am praying that you get some relief soon. Unfortunately I became too nauseous to continue with the pain meds and had to come off of everything except tylenol on day 9. Our bodies are amazing and adaptable...
Back
Top Bottom