TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

CONGRATS! That's great news that you are in a walking boot! Celebration!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
i am so happy for you. it's uplifting to read your updates. thinking of you everyday and praying for you.
 
The prayers of all of you worked! Thank you. I've tried a tiny bit of walking and so far, so good. I certainly don't want to over do, though. I'll end up at the dreaded club if I do!
 
Yay! So happy for you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
Yay for the walking boot! Not letting up on the prayers, though. You're doing so well, I'll pray for your good news to continue.
 
Yes, it is an answer to prayer. Now, maybe my new knee will be able to be used again!
 
Great news! [emoji1360][emoji1360]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Congrats on the upgrade!! Things will continue to get even better now. :yahoo::biking:
I also like my exercise bike, I use it daily. It helps loosen my knees.
 
It is absolutely amazing how much better my new knee is feeling since I'm doing a little bit of walking! As I said before, this new and improved knee wants to be used! Even some of the swelling has gone down in it!

The ankle is pretty good, but the broken bones on the top of my foot are quite painful when putting some weight on it. The first I walked yesterday, it felt like zingers going through my heel. That is gone now and replaced with the pain on the top of my foot. I'm still pretty swollen, so I'm elevating and icing.

The peeling of my leg and foot is really gross. The skin is coming off in sheets sometimes. When I had my knee replaced, my foot peeled quite a bit, but not my leg. Maybe I'm just prone to peeling!

I believe I'm having the energy drain. I do just a little bit and am exhausted and have to rest. Everything in the body is related.
 
It's amazing how well our new knees want to be used. Mine also love to walk. Of course, we have to balance the walking with whatever else is going on with our bodies, particularly swelling and pain. Your ankle is going to dictate how much you can walk for a bit. But at least you can walk!

You have a whole new level of energy drain going on. The ankle, of course, but also using a heavy (heavier than not wearing it) walking boot. That's going to sap some of your strength at first. Patience, grasshopper.
 
@sistersinhim, I also believe you are experiencing the energy drain; how could you not? The good news is, you know what to do! @SusieShoes is right about that walking boot....it's heavy, so that alone can make you tired.

I wish I could offer some advice on the peeling skin but I'm not really familiar with that problem. My own leg doesn't look too spiffy though, lol. In your case, I *think* just air getting at it with no more sweat from the cast will make a big difference. Perhaps some light exfoliation will help?

Why am I hearing that awful song from the mid-60's, "These Boots are Made for Walking?" I dunno, but I am yet I'm smiling for you!
 
A walking boot - hooray! :yes!: :happydance: :yay: :spin: :dancy: :flwrysmile:

When my boys had plasters removed, their skin was always very dry and it flaked off. I used to apply moisturizing cream several times a day, to try and combat the dryness. Eventually, all the peeling stopped, as yours will. It's a nuisance though, isn't it?

Yes, I think the energy drain is to be expected. You have healing going on, plus getting around is taking more than your usual amount of energy. Hang in there - it is going to get better. :friends:
 
Back
Top Bottom