Guest viewing is limited

TKR Final PT TODAY

Thankyou so much but I cannot take tramadol either. I was hoping for the tylenol /ibuprofen dosing schedule.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
Oh shoot. Bummer. Good luck with the Tylenol/ibupofen combo. Just ice every chance you get. That should help.
 
Hi DMetz,
I am sorry you are so uncomfortable with the constipation side of things. THAT is no fun. We share a surgery date- June 5. I had issue with same problem in the hospital. What worked for me in the hospital and what I was sent home with RX for same is called Senexon-S. It appears to have a generic name of sennosides-ducosate. It still works well for me now and I continue to take it while I am on the narcotics. Yogurts, cereals, fruits and vegetables help also (if you can eat with your nausea issues)
I have caffeine free ginger ale for nausea- I find room temp ginger ale is easier to take.
I hope you feel better soon!
 
Thanks Celle! I guess I'll just try the tylenol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
For my second tkr I couldn't take NSAIDs after having an ulcer and didn't notice a negative difference compared to my first tkr with NSAIDs. :ice:
 
Thanks Kneeper

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
I can't take NSAIDS and it hasn't made any difference to my 3 knee recoveries. Make sure you take the Tylenol on a regular schedule, because you need to keep up the level in your bloodstream.
 
Thanks Celle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
Hi everyone! I'm a little over 4 1/2 weeks out from rtkr. Had my PT appointment today. Measured 130 and 0. Told the therapist I was done and heading to the beach for a couple of weeks. I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum for the encouragement and wisdom. You guys are the best! I have minimal pain and only have to take tylenol at night. It feels so good not to have the bone on bone pain anymore. My left knee is 9 months old and feels totally normal. My right knee is heading that way too! I am a happy camper! God bless each and everyone of you!
 
It's great to be living a normal like again. Have a great time, but be careful to not over do. You still have a newborn knee there!
 
HI @dmetz

How wonderful that your ROM is so good already! :yes!: :happydance: :yay: :flwrysmile:

Enjoy your holiday, but don't overdo things will you?

You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
Congrats and enjoy your time at the beach -- watch out for that shifting sand!
 
Back
Top Bottom