Recent content by DianeJ

  1. DianeJ

    TKR TKR Mon. July 21 at noon!

    @marmora Thanks, Cathie! I will call the doctor's office Monday morning & set up an appointment for a retest, and will also ask about blood work. They do know about my TKR, but doesn't hurt to remind them again! I also called my OS last week and gave them a heads up about the infection. Yes...
  2. DianeJ

    TKR TKR Mon. July 21 at noon!

    @Josephine Do you have any advice for me regarding the pseudomonas UTI that I wrote about in the above message? Thank you!
  3. DianeJ

    TKR TKR Mon. July 21 at noon!

    Hi all. I have found a house to purchase so I am in the middle of the purchase process, plus packing and going through stuff to donate. What a horrible job and I still don't have 100% stamina back yet! My daughter comes & helps as she can. A new problem has cropped up - I discovered I have a...
  4. DianeJ

    TKR TKR Mon. July 21 at noon!

    @Yorkimom Glad to hear from you, Anne! How are you getting on with your 2nd new knee? Hope it's going well!
  5. DianeJ

    TKR TKR Mon. July 21 at noon!

    @tiredwife, I'm moving to the Kansas side - either Overland Park or Shawnee in the suburbs. Perfectly safe! I used to live in both places back before the move to the country about 20 years ago. I like both equally well so will be happy in either! Even though there are many places in Kansas City...
  6. DianeJ

    TKR TKR Mon. July 21 at noon!

    It is long past time that I should post an update! I am 3 months out from TKR now (right knee) and doing great. I've been off the cane for quite sometime, and off the narcotics except for 1/2 of a Norco at bedtime if I'm hurting a bit from a really busy day. I will not get any refill when those...
  7. DianeJ

    TKR Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR

    @Jozilla I know what you mean about that overwhelming fatigue! I am 2 months out from RTKR and I still feel totally zapped a LOT. Even though I seem to be doing well at recovery and rehab, that energy drain is real & has to be obeyed! I am finally figuring out that I can push myself only so far...
  8. DianeJ

    TKR Jozilla Part 2 - 9/8/14 LTKR

    @Jozilla Yay! I am so happy to hear you are through your 2nd TKR and getting along so well! I am impressed with what all you are doing - just don't overdo it! I take Celebrex periodically for arthritis and when I have bursitis flare-ups in my hip. It works well for me for inflammation! In...
  9. DianeJ

    TKR Left TKR on 17 July

    @marmora Cathie, that is wonderful you got to 105 in your ROM - when you make a big improvement it really makes you feel good! :yes!: At times, our progress seems to creep along or not go anywhere at all and then a big breakthrough like that really lifts your spirits, and makes all that hard...
  10. DianeJ

    TKR Madinana Made it to knee #2

    @madinana Your knee looks fantastic!! Won't you be glad when you are all done with #2 and have a matching set?! :heehee: We'll all be following your continued journey and wish you the absolute best!
  11. DianeJ

    TKR Left TKR on 17 July

    @marmora For some reason, I am not getting notifications when someone tags me, so I just now saw your good wishes for a good Labor Day weekend! Thank you! :) It's still hot here so can't do much outside except early morning and evening. I am doing well - had my last day of home PT on Wednesday...
  12. DianeJ

    TKR Madinana Made it to knee #2

    @madinana Are you drinking plenty of water? Muscle soreness and cramps can also be caused by not enough fluids & dehydration. Also, I know how hard it is to eat a well-balanced diet under our various stages of recovery, but try to make sure you are getting all the proper nutrients, too! I am...
  13. DianeJ

    TKR Left TKR on 17 July

    @marmora Great report, Cathie!! I'm sure that was such a relief for you about your progress. :swim: Here is you swimming in that pool very soon! That sounds so refreshing, and you will be surprised at how that helps strengthen that quad, too. :yes: Quad exercises are great and I actually enjoy...
  14. DianeJ

    TKR TKR Mon. July 21 at noon!

    @Pumpkln I was trying to flag you in the above message and somehow go a different pumpkin! Hope this one works right! Thanks for the input - I will do as you suggest!
  15. DianeJ

    TKR TKR Mon. July 21 at noon!

    @kneeper and @pumpkin Thanks for the input about the Norco! Glad to hear from those who have done the same thing, and that it was fine! I will follow your great advice about taking 2 every 4 hours for starters to make sure I keep ahead of the pain! :friends:
Back
Top Bottom