Guest viewing is limited

TKR TKR Mon. July 21 at noon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiredwife Thanks! I have no idea what to expect as to how effective it will be - it says to take 1 to 2 tabs every 4 to 6 hours. Of course, they didn't really give me any guidance on that! :unsure: Guess trial and error will tell me soon!
 
I went from the oxycodone to Norco too. It worked fine as a step down. I took 2 at a time every 4 hours to start.
 
@kneeper and @pumpkin Thanks for the input about the Norco! Glad to hear from those who have done the same thing, and that it was fine! I will follow your great advice about taking 2 every 4 hours for starters to make sure I keep ahead of the pain! :friends:
 
It is long past time that I should post an update! I am 3 months out from TKR now (right knee) and doing great. I've been off the cane for quite sometime, and off the narcotics except for 1/2 of a Norco at bedtime if I'm hurting a bit from a really busy day. I will not get any refill when those few 1/2 pills are gone. Other than that, I just take Tylenol as needed and that is not every day. Finished my outpatient PT on Thursday, then had an appointment with my OS that afternoon. He was quite pleased with my progress, my ROM and how well I was walking. He measured my ROM at 120 (that is the same as the therapist found earlier in the day). He dismissed me from follow-up exams for a whole year & told me to continue my exercises at home and keep up my walking program! He also gave me a cortisone shot in my right hip - I have had bursitis in that hip for several years and all the exercising had really fired that bursitis up and had been extremely painful!

I am thrilled with my new knee! For so long there, it seemed like the light at the end of the tunnel was a long ways away, but gradually it got better & better! Now I do things without even thinking about it - things that I only dreamed of a couple months ago! What a wonderful feeling! My knee will still stiffen up on me some when I'm in the car more than an hour so I make a point of stretching it out as soon as possible. So glad I had this done - I feel better and stronger than I have for years when I had that gimpy old knee!

I've had my house and land for sale for several months and it finally sold, so I am scrambling trying to find a home in the Kansas City area to buy. It's been incredibly busy taking care of details, house hunting (not easy!), and rounding up boxes and packing material to begin the big move. Glad it didn't sell when I was still recovering early days from TKR! Lots of exciting changes for me in the future.

Hope all my Bonesmart friends are progressing well and meeting their ROM dreams! I'm ashamed to admit that I've been so busy, I've not had time to follow along with everyone's threads. :blush: Hope things calm down soon and I can do that once again! Best wishes to all!
 
@DianeJ Glad you are doing so well! Kansas City is only 60 miles from us. I always thought of Kansas City as a violent place. The Lees Summit area seems a little safer. Then again I have never been a city girl!
 
@tiredwife, I'm moving to the Kansas side - either Overland Park or Shawnee in the suburbs. Perfectly safe! I used to live in both places back before the move to the country about 20 years ago. I like both equally well so will be happy in either! Even though there are many places in Kansas City, MO that are very safe, and some very scary, I have just always been a Kansas girl with no plans on jumping state lines! Since I live on a farm by myself, I was not looking forward to another snowy, cold winter where everything is a struggle when the snow is deep, and you can get stuck at home for days. Really looking forward to moving back to civilization where there is lots to do! Especially on a spiffy new knee! :yes!:
 
@DianeJ We haven't been to the Kansas side often. Usually if we go it is to the airport, we have hit some of their malls but not in years. We are small town people. Hope you find a great place!
 
@DianeJ what a wonderful post! Sounds like you are doing fantastic. Congratulations on selling your house. You have so much ahead of you.....a new house along with your new knee!!!! Anne
 
Hello Diane @DianeJ

Your three month post op report was certainly worth waiting for. :goodpost:

And very happy that the light is shinning brightly at the end of the tunnel. :SUNsmile:
Your Flexion at 120 is great and will certainly be needed when packing up boxes, etc in preparation for your move.

I can understand the need to move closer to "civilisation" versus being on your own on a farm during a long and cold winter.

Continued progress and may your move and home purchase go smoothly for you.

Take care, :flwrysmile:
Cathie
 
@DianeJ, I am doing good. I am four weeks out, and of course I have had the usual ups and downs....it seemed like more downs, but since Friday I feel like I have turned a corner. I know I have a long way to go, but right now I'm seeing the light and it's such a good feeling. I know you will be busy with the house hunting, etc., but please keep us posted. I'll be anxious to hear all about your new house and new adventure living in a new area.
Take care, Anne
 
Hi all. I have found a house to purchase so I am in the middle of the purchase process, plus packing and going through stuff to donate. What a horrible job and I still don't have 100% stamina back yet! My daughter comes & helps as she can.

A new problem has cropped up - I discovered I have a UTI and the culprit is pseudomonas. I just finished a 7 day course of Cipro and will go back to doctor to be retested. I do not think the bug is gone! My urine still is looking funky to me. I am scared as I've read this bug is hard to get rid of and I want to do everything I can to eradicate it quickly. I hope it doesn't somehow make it to my new knee joint. :yikes: Is there anything I can do to prevent that? Should I have my blood tested too? Is there a likelihood it will come back once I do get rid of it?

I don't know how I got this infection, but now I'm wondering if I might have gotten it at the rehab facility where I spent 3 weeks. My other thought is that it might be from an underground water leak I had (which is now fixed, at a big cost!). I was drinking the water as I didn't realize for awhile that there was a leak.

Has anyone ever had this infection happen to them? I badly need some reassurance that everything will be ok!
 
@Josephine Do you have any advice for me regarding the pseudomonas UTI that I wrote about in the above message? Thank you!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom