TKR TKR Mon. July 21 at noon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello @DianeJ

So sorry to hear about your UTI and it is a worry to have an infection after a TKR, so can understand your concern.

When you go back to your doctor for the re-test, ask him about possible effects related to your TKR and should you be on another course of antibiotics and/or also have blood work done.

Moving is very stree flu and with the UTI your energy levels must be low.

Please mind yourself and rest when you can,
Cathie
 
@marmora Thanks, Cathie! I will call the doctor's office Monday morning & set up an appointment for a retest, and will also ask about blood work. They do know about my TKR, but doesn't hurt to remind them again! I also called my OS last week and gave them a heads up about the infection.

Yes, moving is very stressful! So is the process of selling one house and buying another! I will try to rest up when I can. Of course, all these major events going on in my life also makes for some sleep deprived nights, which doesn't help any!

Hope you are doing well! How is that ROM?
Diane
 
Hi Diane @Diane J

The ROM, I think has taken a few degrees backward, will be seeing the PT tomorrow afternoon and will get it measured.

Seem to have a swelling at the back of my knee and this is painful and preventing me from increasing my Flexion, although doesn't seem to be effecting the extension.

This TKR has a few hiccups along the way, I just have to accept that.

Take care and hope you feel better soon,
Cathie
 
I discovered I have a UTI and the culprit is pseudomonas.
That's not uncommon but it is a little more difficult to treat than the usual staph infections.
I don't know how I got this infection, but now I'm wondering if I might have gotten it at the rehab facility where I spent 3 weeks. My other thought is that it might be from an underground water leak I had (which is now fixed, at a big cost!). I was drinking the water as I didn't realize for awhile that there was a leak.
No, you don't get a UTI from what you drink! Just an upset stomach. UTI's gets in from outside via the urethra!
I hope it doesn't somehow make it to my new knee joint. :yikes: Is there anything I can do to prevent that? Should I have my blood tested too?
No that's not even a faint possibility. Read these
Evidence insufficient to recommend prophylactic antibiotics for dental procedures
Peri-prosthetic infection - also known as late onset infection
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom