Recent content by Deni444

  1. Deni444

    THR A Matching Pair of Hips! RTHR

    Still icing after the Tae-Bo :ice: Maybe I should have started with Tai Chi :loll:
  2. Deni444

    THR A Matching Pair of Hips! RTHR

    Just when you think you've graduated from the ODIC... Maybe it was a bit daft doing three sessions of Tae-bo last week but it was a thrill trying:rofsign: We live and learn!
  3. Deni444

    Revision THR Hip revision surgery 10/14/25

    Totally agree on the joys of being able to dance again after hip replacement! What an absolute joy! Well done you :flwrysmile:
  4. Deni444

    THR Right THR November 19, 2025

    I'm relieved you have a second opinion on the intensity of your physio regime. Just today, I managed to overdo it. Same exercise I'd been doing regularly but I did it with more speed. I knew within a couple of hours I'd overdone it as my hip swelled up with unpleasant pain. Nothing a bit of...
  5. Deni444

    THR Right THR November 19, 2025

    Sounds like everything is going in the right direction and that you have a good team supporting you! There is a sweet spot for movement during recovery in my humble experience. I think it's impossible for anyone other than you to fully identify it. There's movement that includes tension and...
  6. Deni444

    THR Sandy's Recovery Thread (after a fall)

    I'm so grateful for all of your encouragement @myglasshalffull You'll never know how much your kind words and gentle encouragement have helped on my journey :flwrysmile: Thank you for sticking with us over the last 4 years. Just think how many people you have helped!
  7. Deni444

    THR Right THR November 19, 2025

    That's a pretty picture! I'm imagining hot chocolate and a feet up day under a cosy blanket :)
  8. Deni444

    THR A Matching Pair of Hips! RTHR

    Thanks @myglasshalffull :) I did have a quieter day yesterday but managed a walk with my activator poles. That's recovery music to my ears! A walk with my activator poles is now considered part of a quieter day. I repeated my 40 minute exercise video this morning at lower intensity than...
  9. Deni444

    THR A Matching Pair of Hips! RTHR

    Oh isn't it wonderful to be back in the garden @Annekin :happydance: I must admit to walking around as stiff as a board yesterday evening. I decided to try a 40 minute exercise workout video in the morning and then spend the afternoon building new arches in my Polly tunnel. I think we can...
  10. Deni444

    THR Cannot sleep in bed

    Onward and upwards :loveshwr: That's my favourite 'hip' motto @Trotter. It's wonderful to hear you've found the stamina and motivation to push on through and complete tasks. There's nothing like the sense of achievement of successfully completing something that was a challenge. I regularly...
  11. Deni444

    THR 5 days post op for Right THR

    As a keen gardener and someone who loves cooking, I feel your frustration! You're wise to push the patience button and it will pay dividends if you can resist the temptation to push things. It won't be long before you're back to it and it's surprising how quickly you can whip a garden back...
  12. Deni444

    THR THR tell me about your recovery

    Congratulations on your 8 year anniversary :flwrysmile: I'd like to echo that your grounded, calm and practical approach to recovery has been a huge help and motivation to me during my recovery. Thank you so much!!!
  13. Deni444

    THR Right THR November 19, 2025

    I found the TENS to only be effective whilst using it but I really welcomed the opportunity to enjoy some pain free relaxation. I used it mostly at the beginning of an evening when I'd find myself struggling to get comfortable on the sofa. Also when first getting into bed, it relaxed me. I...
  14. Deni444

    THR Cannot sleep in bed

    Hi @Trotter :wave: Sorry, for the delay in responding. I've been having a holiday from everything 'hip' after a busy year. I was really thrilled to hear you say you are adapting and begining to enjoy life again. That was music to my ears and pretty upbeat in my humble opinion! That's the...
  15. Deni444

    THR THR Posterior - Slowly Healing

    Sorry, I'm late catching up :loveshwr: I'm thrilled to hear you are doing so well and pretty much back to normal at the gym. You've worked so hard and your determination to recover what you lost is a real credit to you! It's a real tonic to hear about longer term recovery. It's easy to...
Back
Top Bottom