April 16th will be the 2nd anniversary of my RTHR, and Oct. 29th will be for the LTHR. I am doing great! We have had such a miserable winter here in Nova Scotia and most of the rest of Canada. It started early and it's still going strong. Managed to get out for a walk on Saturday with my MP3...
I had RTHR on April 16, 2012, and LTHR on Oct. 29, 2012. I am so glad I had them done!:yay: I have had pain on climbing stairs with the last one, and went to PT longer than with the first. I took a quick look on here about a month ago and someone was complaining of more pain with a hip that...
Well I had my 3 and 9 month checkups today with x-rays on both hips. Everything is going really well except I'm still sleeping on my back. :sad: My surguries were lateral, and when I do roll onto the right side (Apr 16 THR) with the help of a pillow, the left one (Oct 29 THR) starts aching after...
Sharon, I wasn't talking about trying to lie on the new surgery, it is the one I had in April. I thought by 7 months I should be able to sleep on it so I tried it for about 10 minutes, but if you still can't stay on yours for any length of time at 22 months, I guess I will probably be on my back...
I had my right hip replaced in April and had very little drainage. My leg was swollen and hard and bruised down to my knee, which made exercising hard to do because I couldn't bend my knee. I had my left knee done the end of October and had quite a lot of drainage, but my leg stayed soft and I...
Thanks for your suggestions and encouragement. I'm glad others have had this problem and it's not just me. It's been 7 months so I thought it should be healed well enough to lie on. My mattress is all foam with memory foam at the top. I have had a hard time sleeping on a regular mattress...
I had my second THR on Oct. 29, and I went from the walker to one crutch and then to a cane. I found the crutch gave me more stability than the cane. It probably depends on what weight bearing instructions you were given...my doctor goes with whatever weight you can stand without restrictions.
I had my right hip replaced in April and my left one Oct. 29. I tried rolling onto my rt hip but it feels like I am lying on a piece of steel! (which I guess I actually am) Does anyone else have this problem and will it go away in time? I hate sleeping on my back...I have always been a side sleeper.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.