Guest viewing is limited

THR Bunnymama's recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my second THR on Oct. 29, and I went from the walker to one crutch and then to a cane. I found the crutch gave me more stability than the cane. It probably depends on what weight bearing instructions you were given...my doctor goes with whatever weight you can stand without restrictions.
 
You are doing great Bunnymama, but try to be patient we only get 1 chance to heal, and then youcan hop, skip and jump
 
Hi, everyone!

I am now five weeks post-op. I really don't have any pain, just stiffness. I'm still limping a bit due to muscle weakness. I'm doing my PT and taking short walks around the neighborhood when the weather isn't too bad.

My biggest problem is how tired I still am! I've been working half-time from home for the past two weeks, and I'm beat! I'm so glad to be off of my pain meds. I was taking percocet for about 2 1/2 years. The detox process was not fun -- lots of headaches. But it feels good to be free of that stuff.

I'm not sure when I'll be ready to go back to work full-time. My therapist thinks I should plan on at least two more weeks of PT.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!
 
Glad you and your bunnies are doing well, the energy drain while its the pits is normal. Full time will come, take advantage if you can of the slow pace, it will do you well in the long run. Let your body be your guide. Happy Holidays:xmaskitty:
 
Thanks, bellaroma! I'm hoping I'll be able to go back 100% on January 14th. That will be two months of recovery. Things at work will start getting pretty busy, and I hate to leave my boss by his lonesome.
 
Bunny, are you still using your assistive device(s)? Both my doctor and my PT (as well as many on this forum) have told me that as long as I was limping (according to my doctor I lurch), then I needed to continue to use the cane. I know I am not ready to walk on my own at all. My doctor handed me a cane at my last appointment and introduced him as "Steve."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom