Recent content by dede62

  1. dede62

    THR copsham's recovery thread

    @copsham - so sorry I hadn't seen the notification in my emails (@Kim22 somehow I didn't get your notification either). I just happened to come in and check in on my warriors to ensure everyone was doing OK. Sounds like your foot injury was much more traumatic than my off and on foot issues...
  2. dede62

    THR Poppet survived a major fall!

    Poppet, good to see that you are forging forward with the building project. I know how important it was to get the new house together. Glad to hear that your bionic hip is being the star; and I know you're working diligently to keep the left at bay as long as possible and staying focused on your...
  3. dede62

    THR A 39 year old's recovery

    @whiteshoecovers sorry you are still having pain issues. Didn't you recently have your follow-up with your OS prior to returning to work? If so, was there any mention of the hip alignment/rotation/twist? I know my OS took xrays at the 6 wk mark (my appt before returning to work) as well at my...
  4. dede62

    THR A 39 year old's recovery

    @whiteshoecovers I hope the new meds are taking that edge off of that groin pain. Even though I had PT (in home), it was to really see if I was getting up and doing ADL's and following the restrictions, especially during the first few weeks. We didn't move past any of the very passive exercises...
  5. dede62

    THR A 39 year old's recovery

    @whiteshoecovers, I see you've made it to the other side. Patience and sensibility (and the right pain meds) will get you through this. Young is only part of the picture of recovery. It's excellent that you are really aware of your body and what's going on through your recovery. Keep documenting...
  6. dede62

    THR Hip Hip Jeffraaaaay! Hip Hip Jeffraaaaay!

    Jeff, you are right that one shouldn't waste energy on things out of our control, but it is hard to not get frustrated with it all, especially when you're not feeling your best. :sick: Stuff happens, and we have to build the bridge to get over it -- but grumbling sometimes helps us get to the...
  7. dede62

    THR Out with the old; in with the new! Hopefulm's Recovery

    Hopefulm, hope you are feeling a bit better today and let EVERYONE ELSE take care of things today. No tongue lashing here, just a reminder that you Deserve This Time to recover. You know where the finish line is, so there's just no rush to get there! It is FANTASTIC you've made the transition to...
  8. dede62

    THR Hip Hip Jeffraaaaay! Hip Hip Jeffraaaaay!

    Jeff, too bad that you had the journey from Hades the night you came home. But it sounds like you're going gangbusters (albeit a bit scary with the light bulb change...:yikes:). All this talk about chocolate is giving me a hankering for my chocolate pecan pie... So here's my (double) pharmacy...
  9. dede62

    THR dede's shiny new bionic hip is installed

    @Kim22, thanks so much for stopping by. I feel bad I didn't check back sooner. Work's been a *bug*ger* the last few weeks. Finally starting to slow with the upcoming holidays... I hope you are doing much better. Has the tendonitis subsided??? I haven't gotten back to the pool as I had hoped...
  10. dede62

    THR Hip Hip Jeffraaaaay! Hip Hip Jeffraaaaay!

    Jeff, glad to hear all went well and you're probably settling in at home where you'll really get comfy and down to the healing business. Remember short trips to the "throne" and back will do it. Let others help as hard as that can be for a busy guy like you. Keep on the pain med schedule, ice...
  11. dede62

    THR Out with the old; in with the new! Hopefulm's Recovery

    Hope you are feeling better. Early days can be rough on the system and it seems different for everyone. Hopefully you'll be back to normal soon. Sounds like the pain cocktail is working better for you as well. Rest, ice, elevate, and little trips to and from in the house -- that's it for you!!
  12. dede62

    THR Out with the old; in with the new! Hopefulm's Recovery

    Glad to hear you're up and about. Try and get the pain cocktail right before you leave and make sure you keep to a schedule while you're at home. The easier it is for you to move around, the less stiff you'll be in the long run. Believe me, your hip will let you know when you've done too much...
  13. dede62

    THR dede's shiny new bionic hip is installed

    Stopping in on my 2nd Hip Birthday to let you all know things are going great! My hip feels wonderful and a lot of the other "issues" have mostly worked themselves out. No more foot pain on the opposite side, and reduced need to have my back injected for the illio-lumbar ligament (had 11 months...
  14. dede62

    Greetings - So glad I found you!

    Try and get a good night's rest. Tomorrow's your day to rest and relax and let the pro's take you through the process. They've been through it lots before and can guide you along the way. You'll do great!! See you on the other side ;-D
  15. dede62

    I haven't slept for 8 years.

    Jeff, we still use the "suction cup" handrails in our shower, and it's been 2 years for me. Shrinkette is right, they can be unreliable, however, make sure your wife "tests" them before you get in or out of the shower to ensure that they're stuck on good. Try and find a good spot now while you...
Back
Top Bottom