This is my left anterior THR minimally invasive surgery scar 7 years on. This was a THR then 3 months later I had a revision as the implant broke. So this scar is a little more prominent than the right due to the second incision and having to cut out the first scar. But it has still faded quite...
Had my appointment with the Surgeon today and I felt so much better after the appointment. He was so good, looked at my X-rays and explained things so clearly and explained all of my options.
So he has said that the worst of the wear and arthritic change on the joints is the right...
Appointment is today. I did too much over the weekend and was in agony yesterday but I went into the office as I go on leave in a week and I needed to focus and get work done. Should have stayed home, but how do we know day to day how we will feel?
I parked close to the office (paid for...
Thanks Jaycey,
No I haven’t seen the surgeon yet, my first appointment is on Tuesday. I hoped to be able to have them both done at the same time (if I do indeed need surgery) but I didn’t realise they are non-weight bearing surgeries so this makes sense now that I couldn’t have them together...
Jumped back on here after 7 years post my double THR and revision in 2016. I have been doing some research on ankle and foot joint options now I am getting to the point of impact on my quality of life.
At 36 I want to stay healthy and mobile and my ankles and feet are starting to impede on...
Hi there, I went through a revision 3 months after my THR. My implant broke so I had no choice.
It was frustrating to have a third surgery in the one year but my leg was swollen, I was limping (I didn't limp before surgery) and I knew something wasn't right so I knew revision was the right...
Ps I see from your photo you have a husky? I have two myself. A male, Meeko, red colour, and a female Kye, apricot colour. They make good recovery companions.
Great to hear your recovery is going so well! I had both hips replaced 2016, 6 weeks apart and I too was surprised by the lack of "bone pain" and more muscle pain with my first Op. I was on endone and something else strong , but then with my second op for some reason the physician only...
Glad your mum is going okay and is home pending revision.
I did not have an infection but had a revision 3 months post left THR (had right THR done 6 weeks prior to the left).
My implant broke (ceramic) so I understand the crunchy feeling, it is not pleasant! My recovery from the revision...
I am 1 year post op r thr, 11 months post L thr and 8 months post op left THR revision. (See my post for details)
I can say that a lot of the other comments are correct.
You are still very early on in your recovery. Rest and ice should be your primary concern. Regular small trips (hourly) to...
Thank you tweetybrd. I am glad my experience gave you some hope of what was to come. At the time my recovery did drag a bit but now I'm past that, time is flying. I'm going to be turning 30 in no time (coming up in April) and I am actually feeling my age now instead of 50 years older than I am...
Thank you so much for your kind words Sunny Girl.
They honestly brought me to tears. When I think of what I have done it's pretty crazy, and when I tell people and their jaws drop it sort of makes me realise it's not just a little thing. I did this big thing, 3 surgeries in 6 months, and I'm on...
Hello @JMACCA! I was just catching up on your thread. So glad to see you are going well. You are not slow at all, my two ops were completely different t with healing well after 6 weeks on the first and then taking three months to feel not even the same level for the second. As others have said...
Hope things have improved and your feeling better and up and about more!
Candice - 29 year old from Aus
RTHR 1 June 2016 LTHR 13 July 2016 Revision of LTHR 12 October 2016.
Oh no, so sorry to hear you are in pain. I was post op #2 also but this was due to insufficient meds (no Panadol osteo is not enough thank you nurse).
Hope they've gotten it under control. Once it gets ahead of you it can be harder to get it back under control so hope the staff are being...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.