THR Post Anterior hip replacement<

Ps I see from your photo you have a husky? I have two myself. A male, Meeko, red colour, and a female Kye, apricot colour. They make good recovery companions.

Thank you for the reply . I was doing great until i got to 4 weeks . I used a walker for the first 2 weeks then a cane for 2 weeks. I was coming into work at about 3 weeks and was just working 4 hours a day and i just fix computers so my work is just sitting and some walking around the shop which is about what i do at home recovering . At 4 weeks i stopped using the cane and started working full time and ive noticed im limping pretty good and walking about the way i was before the surgery . It doesn't feel like i messed any of my new hardware up but i think my soft tissue and muscles are protesting and its starting to worry me . I have no problem walking without the cane but when i first stand up i have to wait a few seconds before i start walking just like i had to before surgery to make sure everything was ready to start walking. I can't stop working at this point and im hoping i will still heal even if its slower at some point . I have my 6 week appt in a week so i will ask the surgeon all this but it seems like at 4 weeks the healing just stopped . I had absolutely no pain any time after the surgery and i was walking with not much trouble until the 4th week . Have you had this problem ? My surgeon said since i was walking and doing so good at my 2 week appt that he didnt want me to go to PT . Hoping its just the soft tissue still healing and that im not making this limping permanent.

Yes i do but its a Klee Kai husky . Great dog but not the one in the pic . A smaller version .

Hi There @cssgregg1.
I think you should have a look at two things you said in your earlier post.
At 4 weeks i stopped using the cane and started working full time and ive noticed im limping
And
it seems like at 4 weeks the healing just stopped .
Do you think both statements are related.
4Wks is way to early to return to work as you are still very very early in recovery. 8wks and only a phased return then depending on the nature of the job.
Why don't you try lots of rest this weekend and a little walking only........ Just to see if that makes a difference.
http://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/healing-how-long-does-it-take.5424/.
Take it easy my man.
Joe.....

Well it looks like i will be the poster child for pushing it too fast . For the first 4 weeks it was like a miracle how fast everything was going and easy the recovery was going . I never had any real pain and was on a walker for a short time and a cane for a short time and started walking on my own at between 3-4 weeks and went back to work which is pretty easy work . I have been walking with no cane now for 2 weeks and just got my cane back because i have been over doing it . My dr. said listen to my body and my body said to go back to work and walk without a cane because i was physically able to . The problem though is with a cane i can take normal strides but walking without one im takin small limping strides and now my groin hurts . I was worried i was getting a urinary tract infection but looking online people are saying that it is an effect of over doing it . Im now going back to the cane at least until i go to my 7 week dr appt this Friday . It doesnt feel like i did anything to the hardware but im hoping that the soft tissue still heals properly if i did something to it . I should have taken it easy for longer but ive never been that kind of person . I broke my arm before and went to work with a cast on so that is the stupid person i am . lol

I should have taken it easy for longer
Sorry you had to learn the hard way. But it sounds like you are really making an effort to get back on track. Can you scale back a bit at work? Use the cane until you start leaving it behind. That means walking normally and leaving it behind. Let those muscles and soft tissues heal.

Yes i can scale back some. Actually when im using the cane i walk perfectly normal with no limp. I think i mistook walking without a cane and walking "normally" without a cane . I figured since i could physically walk without a cane ( even though i was limping pretty good ) that that was ok but i need to walk normally ( like you said) without the cane before i leave it behind . Im trying to heal like when i was 20 instead of my real age of 52 . Hopefully the groin pain will go away since im back on the cane .

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom