Recent content by Croyde06

  1. Croyde06

    THR DVT and pulmonary embolus

    I am sorry you have had a setback, I too had a DVT and PE after my first hip replacement 20 years ago, I was still in hospital as I had to have a revision at day 7. The clot was in my operated leg therefore I didn’t recognise the pain and swelling. The first sign something was wrong was when I...
  2. Croyde06

    THR Susan209 - not new, but improved

    Me too, it’s my knee that is most painful and as a front sleeper not finding my side that comfortable either. Still waking every two hours which I think is when I would normally change position but stuck on my back it just wakes me ..... otherwise doing ok, one crutch around the house mostly...
  3. Croyde06

    THR Recovery day 12^

    Hi sorehipsu, like you I had my op on the 21st too, have had both replaced now though left one was 20 years ago and a very different story. I think in the UK there is a very high priority made on the PT side of things and getting back to normal as quickly as possible. We had to attend a pre-op...
  4. Croyde06

    THR Croyde06 on the road to recovery

    Morning, just woken to the start of day 13, not the best night if I’m honest, although mastered sleeping on good side with pillow between my legs for a couple of hours after not being able to get rid of the very sore spot on my back. Seems knee pain and muscle spasms prefer to make themselves...
  5. Croyde06

    THR Bruising and Swelling

    I am surprised to see your hoping to fly so soon, I have been told short haul only from 12 weeks and long haul 24
  6. Croyde06

    THR So far, so good

    I am proof that exercise is not needed to recover, after a horrid 28 day stay and a revision in hospital I was on complete bed rest, not even allowed out for the commode apart from day 4 when the screws dislodged themselves and day 28 when it was a rush job to get me doing stairs before...
  7. Croyde06

    THR Croyde06 on the road to recovery

    Its finding humour in the little things that makes the recovery bearable, I am being very careful, I’m fully weight bearing so have good balance, going to try reading tomorrow, havent been able to concentrate on a book since the op so it would be a good way to loose a couple of hours
  8. Croyde06

    THR Croyde06 on the road to recovery

    Day 9 and been a whole day with no tears that’s a victory in itself. Think I have the meds controlled Now and pain free is the way to go , pottered upstairs this morning sorting a bit of washing, had a go at ditching one crutch which to my surprise was easier than I thought although after a...
  9. Croyde06

    THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

    Morning danabanana, it was great to wake up and read you posts, especially the one regarding coming off meds and what you would like to do with his femoral head ... hahahaha ..... so with you on that one, I went 10 hours straight with meds through the night, woke a couple of times for the loo so...
  10. Croyde06

    THR Croyde06 on the road to recovery

    Lululucy, In the Uk they are rewriting the protocol and we have been told within reason not to worry too much regarding the 90 deg rule, I use the helping hand to dress and it’s fine can get loose trousers on and knickers no problems. We have to wear knee high ted stockings for 6 weeks post...
  11. Croyde06

    THR Croyde06 on the road to recovery

    No just one dose of senna and lactulose prior to discharge. I am wary of taking otc constipation relief as don’t need the added worry of having to ‘rush’ to the loo
  12. Croyde06

    THR Croyde06 on the road to recovery

    Well got my shower and hair wash, changed teds and clothes and felt human for a while, should have gone back to bed before attempting downstairs but thought I knew best, 2 hour sleep with elevated leg in front of the fire this afternoon. My next battle is my bowels, always a problem for me and...
  13. Croyde06

    THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

    Hi, hope you are keeping your spirits up, I had a TRHR on 21st, had a left one 20 years ago that’s still going strong, fingers crossed. Came home Thursday early evening so today is day 5, I find the nights long and had a couple of meltdowns after my trips to the loo, seems to be taking 30...
  14. Croyde06

    THR Croyde06 on the road to recovery

    Thanks guys, husband retired yesterday so he is home 24/7 so I am going to be spoilt, he stands in front facing me while I come down bless him. It’s just a slow process. I am hoping for a shower this morning after a cup of tea in bed then will probably nap in bed before going down stairs.
  15. Croyde06

    THR Croyde06 on the road to recovery

    Good first day home, slept for a couple of hours then woke, took a while to get comfortable but repeated through the night, bathroom took a while and downstairs around 10, not too much exercise, walked the lounge and up and down, stairs twice to the loo and back up for a nap this afternoon...
Back
Top Bottom